the best 17 hmr ammo

Originally Posted By: sbrookswhat is the best ammo for the 17 hmr for bobcats and yotes
noooooo.jpg

Mr. Brooks, welcome and to answer your question there are a couple of 17HMR rounds that you can use. Hornady makes a 17 and 20 grain selection and the 20 would be best.
You will catch a lot of grief for using the 17HMR on yotes and cats, but the guys giving grief could not hit the side of a barn and their gun of choice would be the RPG. Now you will notice that there is no skill involved in shooting guns like bazooka's and RPG, it usually requires only a point and pull the trigger.
Yotes are a bit tough at times and therefore your shot selection must be right on the vitals or else don't shoot. As far as bobcats the 17HMR will do just fine but keep your shot distance below 100 yards and you will be just fine.
Now let me sit back and wait for the big guns to tell you that you must use something like a 7mm mag on that Bobcat. Cooper17HMR

I hate to miss out on a good 17hmr thread.

I'm one of the ones Cooper17HMR refers to as being unskilled with guns. Therefore if I knew what a RPG was I would use it. For now I'll keep using my bazooka. When that no longer works on those mean old coyotes I will step up the a 17HMR.

Are we to 5 pages yet?

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesI hate to miss out on a good 17hmr thread.

I'm one of the ones Cooper17HMR refers to as being unskilled with guns. Therefore if I knew what a RPG was I would use it. For now I'll keep using my bazooka. When that no longer works on those mean old coyotes I will step up the a 17HMR.

Are we to 5 pages yet?

lol.gif

20 gr xtp or 17 gr hp. Have no experience shooting yotes or bobcat with hmr, but good luck. I love 17 hmr threads, thanks for posting.

I got my popcorn, crap ran out brb......................
Got More Popcorn
DSCN1625.jpg

16a69c80.gif
16a69c80.gif
16a69c80.gif
16a69c80.gif
16a69c80.gif

Originally Posted By: Cooper17HMRMr. Brooks, welcome and to answer your question there are a couple of 17HMR rounds that you can use. Hornady makes a 17 and 20 grain selection and the 20 would be best.
Ah, I think in the 17HMR Penetration Testing thread, I think it was determined that the 17gr V-Max, not the 20gr XTP, was the better bullet of choice.

popcorn-1.gif

dang didnt know id start a pissing contest! Just had the rifle out this afternoon and was trying some diffrent ammo with it. Was wondering what kind of ammo other guys liked thats all. If it will make some of you feel better I will Promise not to use it on the ol yote. I will take the 270 instead.

Take the hmr out from time to time for rabbits and squirrels. If a shot at a bobcat presented itself under 75 yds, I'd take it. Go forth, have fun, and dont worry about it. A bad day in the woods is still better than a good day at work.

Originally Posted By: sbrooksdang didnt know id start a pissing contest! Just had the rifle out this afternoon and was trying some diffrent ammo with it. Was wondering what kind of ammo other guys liked thats all. If it will make some of you feel better I will Promise not to use it on the ol yote. I will take the 270 instead.

I think your good as long as you don't start claiming "tons" of coyotes killed by shooting them in the eyes at 200-300 yards.

Back