need help to indentify this

adi

went out sun morning did some stand only came up with a fox.a coyote came in but changes his mind and walked the other way and was to far for my shotgun to shot him.and i found this tracks ,some of them were from that morning.

IMG_20111120_085402.jpg

IMG_20111120_085414.jpg

IMG_20111120_085424.jpg

IMG_20111120_085444.jpg

I'm going to need some more photos, from different angles and in morning and afternoon lighting.

Just kidding, you documented that poop perdy darn good.

I'm thinking sheep poop.

ok i took this pic in the city of phoenix, this area is between 3 freeways, really close to town .is only 1o min driving from my house and is really populated is not like out in the dessert(but im in arizona everything is out there in the desert)i dont think is a black bear this low in town nor a wild hog cuz we have no hogs in phoenix

Well I can tell you it isn't sheep feces.

The ony two feces that look like that are typically bear or hog.

Being in Phx does not eliminate either. There have been bears and hogs or domestic pigs that have gotten free in the valley over the years.

My guess by your scratch comment would lean towards hog but by appearance could be hog or bear.

Reminds me of the time when I was a kid and out with a friend hunting and we came across a large scat pile. My buddy immediately said "Look! Bear schittt!!!" in a very matter of fact manner. Having never seen bear crap we eyeballed it some and my friend said, "You can tell what it has been eating sometimes by what is in the poop." With that he began scooting his boot around smearing the crap apart to investigate the potential contents. I took a step back because it smelled like... well, you know. Anyway, when I stepped back I noticed something white behind the big tree this crap had been deposited by. Yep, a large wad of toilet paper discarded on the backside of the tree! I laughed so hard I nearly crapped my own pants! I still see that guy occasionally and once in awhile we get to bantering back and forth a little in a friendly way and I'll ask if he has seen any bear crap in awhile, or, I might sniff and ask if he has wiped his shoes off lately. Today he gets as big a kick outta that as I do.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeMy initial thoughts were elk, bear...or possibly human.
smile.gif

Tony

Oh sorry my toliet paper must of blew away in the wind. Had to many cups of coffee.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter57 Yep, my first thought was frozenbutt took a trip south.
It's too cold to drop trou where he lives.

Shayne

Hey you havn't lived till you drop a duece in -30 deg with a stiff wind.

Back