Counterfeit Leupold scopes!!!

Wa_Coyote_Hunter

"From the peoples scumbags of china" Wow when is Obamer going to stop all this like he promised " oh ya he supports this"

Resources
Counterfeit WarningIndustry FriendsCustom ShopLeupold Apparel StoreDownloadsEmail SubscriptionFAQProduct ServiceCounterfeit Leupold Riflescope WarningLeupold® is issuing a customer alert to purchasers of products, particularly via Internet sales, in regards to bogus Leupold products that are apparently being illegally imported from the People’s Republic of China. These products bear many of the marks and trade dress of current Leupold & Stevens riflescopes making them very hard to distinguish externally from authentic Leupold products.

Counterfeited Leupold Mark 4® riflescopes and more recently, counterfeited Leupold Prismatic riflescopes have begun to arrive with increasing regularity at the firm’s Beaverton, Oregon, headquarters for service. These products are not manufactured by Leupold and are not covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.

Leupold employs serial number tracking for all its riflescopes, so if a customer finds a scope that is suspect, he or she can simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to confirm if it is indeed authentic.

Counterfeited Leupold Mark 4® riflescopes:
In general, most of the scopes appear to originate from Hong Kong (People’s Republic of China), and have “Leupold Mark 4” laser engraved on the bottom of the turret in a silver etch, while the black ring on the objective is etched in white and does not include the name “Leupold”. The scopes also do not bear the Leupold medallion, a mark all Leupold scopes will always possess. An authentic Mark 4 riflescope will always be engraved black on black and have the name “Leupold” engraved on the black ring.

Identifying Marks:
Adjustments
Objective
Bottom of Turret

Counterfeited Leupold Prismatic riflescopes:
The absence of a serial number and barcode on the bottom of the scope is the easiest way to identify these counterfeits. A brass ring may be visible when looking into the objective and screws can be seen on the top of the finger click adjustments under the caps. The product name is not engraved on the black ring.

Identifying

Anybody who actually knows Leupold scopes can tell an imposter at first glance, no problem.

Others, may have to learn the hard way........

There were a couple vendors pawning those things off at the last gunshow. People started noticing the cellophane wrap on the box was cheap and thin like on fireworks. By that afternoon, the vendors had taken off the cellophane on all the boxes. Yup...they were in on it. Selling 4.5-14 scopes for $375. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

While I have no use for Obama, counterfiet Leupolds have been in this country alot longer than he's been the pres. Used to pop up on ebay every now and then in the late 90's early 2000's which was smart by the seller to only sell them one at a time....buyers took a while to catch on. They all had the same serial number and I guess one finally got sent to Leupold for warranty work and the cat was out of the bag. They fake everything...any of you guys seen the PRS Magpul Ar-15 stocks??? Half the money and hard to tell them apart.

Talking about fakes,,,In 2002, I was down in the islands around Aruba and bought a pair of his & hers Swiss Army watches...The battery went dead in mine and I stuck it in the drawer until this morning and decided to replace the battery...

I looked on the internet to see what was involved to get the rear case plate off and saw a link about counterfeit products...as well as a good description of the real ones..

Turns out that ours are fakes...They still work good and keep excellent time, but I didn't know at the time we bought them that each is supposed to have a serial number on them...Ours don't...No wonder they were priced so attractively, even though the jewelry store we got them had the "Authorized Swiss/Equinox Dealer" sign so prominently displayed...

These have been sold at gun shows for years. Old news for some, new news for others. I hope it didn't cost to much for the lessons! One easy way to tell the fakes is a serial number on the bottom is like a 9999 or similar.

Back