Got a pistol

rletts77

This is a S&W model 10-8 with a Chesire and Perez Aristocrat? comp barrel on it. My father bought it years back and my bro got it. I just bought it from him for a decent price. As far as I could find on google it was smithed for PPC shoots. Anyone that knows anything about this pistol please educate me.

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

I havn't shot it yet. Just picked it up today. It was filthy. My brother tossed it in the closet 4 or 5 years ago and thats where it stayed till today.

Revolver...I guess I will be more specific for you next time foxy.

Last edited:
Keep us informed on how it shoots. Defintley a cool looking piece.

It's not me ya gotta be specific for...it's the local Internet police we have around here...

I hope to get over to Rob's soon and get some shooting done. He did just get that S&W 500, I'd like to shoot that too.

From what I can see in those pics you have just what you think you do. Some times we don't have what we think we have. In this case I am pretty sure you are correct.
I can remember when we used primarily Wilson barrels with a Bo-Mar rib. The Bo-Mar rib was mostly for it's adjust-ability. This was so you could adjust the sights as needed for the range at which the next stage was to be shot. Factory S&W sights didn't have enough adjustment for shooting those light loads @ 50 yds. usually a 148 gr. wadcutter @ about 700-750 FPS. It didn't hurt one bit that they provided a really clean sight picture.
Most of those guns were built up from stock S&W Model 10's as the model 10 a dressed down version of the more expensive model 15 Combat Masterpiece; a truly sweet shooting .38 Special.
A good gunsmith could get the double action trigger on those Smiths pretty sweet.
I haven't seen one in a lotta years. All of them I had the pleasure of shooting were real shooters and due to the light loads used in those old PPC competitions will last almost forever.
That's a real prize.
Enjoy.
PS. That looks like a Bo-Mar rib on that one.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyYou can have that 500.... I'll stay behind shoulder fired firearms lol... Too much for me

You should shoot one sometime Gary, you would be very surprised how managable it is.

NcWhitetail, the rear sight has what appears to me to be several adjustments. windage and elev of course and right in front of the rear sight there are 3 holes numbered 1-3. Also on the right side of the frame just below the sight there is a screw/bolt with adjustments numbered 1-3 also. Does that sound like the Bo-Mar rib?

Ok, from what I just found it is an Aristocrat sight rib. Looks very similiar to the bomar.

"All Sight adjustments are made on the rear sight.
Range selection is made simple by rotation of a 3-position cam. Made for 6-inch barrels" Model TS-6-T

Looks like Chesire and Perez out of cal. was the gunsmith but my search on them has them out of business now.

Found this on another forum..... "Cheshire & Perez were S&W factory warranty station in the 1970s and 1980s. I had several S&W revolvers action tuned by them; all performed excellent. They were also known for their PPC connversions. C&R have been out of business for quite some time".

Last edited:
Back