Dust collection / air filtering

ELJ

Just wondering what type of dust filtration you guys use when working on calls? Trying to move the "shop" out of the garage and into the basement for the Winter.

ELJ

Some guys use a dust collecting system. Some use the big air filtration boxs. I've seen guys use shop vacs too. Mine is a box fan with a furnace filter in front of it. I leave it standing behind my lathe. Cheap and it works
IMG_5488.jpg

Last edited:
Conch, that is my old shop. It was a portable garage(big tent). It served a purpose. But pretty cold in the winter. I had the gun, light and calls out there because the local coyotes had been yipping all evening. Gotta be prepared

ohioyotehntr. What % do you think you filter out with your system? 80% 90% more?

Dogcatcher, thanks for the search tip. Lots of good info on that one.

ELJ

Quote:eek:hioyotehntr. What % do you think you filter out with your system? 80% 90% more?
I have no idea. It does pretty good to keep the dust down. I can see the dust get pulled in thru it. I can really notce a difference with the dust in the shop if I don't run it. It does alot better with a dirty filter. New ones don't trap the fine stuff. Unless you by expensive filters

Back