How good is a Tikka t 3 lite 25/06.

varmit_master

Hi I have always been a Remington 700 guy. But I came across Tikka t 3 lite 25/06 black stock the gun is 90% has all the blue on it a few scratchs on stock. It has a Leupold Rifleman on it a 3x9x49mm has less than 75 rds down it. It is less than 2 yrs old. After all the trading I will have less than 450.00 dollars in package . How good are they I don't know anything about it. The clip looks platic clip. The gun is lite and action is smooth.Going to use it on coyote and deer in Arkansas reloading a 85gr and a 100gr b tip. Going to use reloader 19 power. Any help I will take ty vm.

Yes the clip is plastic. It may seem like a joke but don't lose it. You'll pay dearly for it. I have been using the same gun you just bought for a couple years now and I really like it. I like the way the gun feels with the scope, sling, and bipod attached. Just right, and you would be hard pressed to find a slicker production action. 87 gr. speer tnt pushed by H4350 seems to work best for me in this gun but the only bullet I didn't have a lot of luck with in this gun was the H 75 gr. vmax which was the bullet I assumed I would shoot out of it. Go figure. Good luck.

Raccoon @ 417 Yards

Photo04051906.jpg

500 Yards 87 gr. TNT @ 3550 fps.

71211rangetikka500yds.jpg

Sounds like a good price and Tikkas are good. Yes the mag is plastic but has some good attributes like being quiet and resilient to damage where metal may fail.
magazines are spendy but in comparison there are others far more money. My guess is maybe $75 cant remember exactly.

I have two T3's, 243win & 270win and both are great shooters. I have had my Tikka since 2006 and have never had any problems with the polymer mags. I don't know why there is so much hate for the Tikka mags (other than the price, I have found them for $40 new) and you never hear anyone complain about Pmags?

I agree, I don't get the negative talk on Tikka plastic
mags. I have metal mags, with a plastic floor plate,
for my Tikka M695, and plastic mags for my T-3. I prefer
the plastic mags. No rust, and they feed well. I have metal
mags for Remington, Browning, and AR-15s, that have been
less reliable than my plastic mags, whether they were
Tikka mags, or Magpul Pmags, and they rust, when not
maintained.

Yes anything from Beretta(owns Sako/Tikka) is expensive.
One word of advice is to shop around, for a second mag,
and look for the higher capacity mags, unless you don't
like the "extended" look on your rifle. When I looked for
a new M695 mag, and a new T-3 mag, I purchased the higher
capacity mags, and am happy I did. The T-3 223 mag capacity
went from 4 to 6, and the M695 added one more round to
the box(3 to 4). The std capacity and the extended capacity
are the same price.

Squeeze

P.S. The T-3 in 25-06 Rem. is a very nice rifle. I
recommended one to a friend, and he sold his other deer
rifles, and hunts with the Tikka.

Had one in .223 and i loved it. light accurate and the action was super smooth. never had a problem with the plastic mag. we took it out to the range and at 400 yards connected with a milk jug 9 out of 10 rounds

Worked up a load today man it is a shooter. I have had 3 other 25/06 over the yrs by far the Tikka is at the top. I had a 700 with a D M . The clip in the Tikka is way better than the 700. Now I am looking for a tikka t 3 22 250 now if u know where a 22 250 let me know please. I an a Tikka fan now.vm

Back