crossbow speed question

pyscodog

I have always like things that are fast. Cars, rifles, bows ect. I recently bought a Horton Hunter Supreme and with the bolts I shoot, speed is 260 FPS. Has anyone tried to speed up a crossbow by maybe changing cams/wheels to gain more speed? The Horton already has speed wheels and a fast flight string but was wondering if anyone has "souped up" a crossbow. I know I can buy a faster bow and probably will someday but this is a novelity item as I still hunt with my Switchback. I just want to see if it might be possible to amp up the speed on this old bow.

The Scorpyd slp 165 shoots 425fps, I cronied mine w 125 montec head at 400ft ps, this bow is like a rifle out to 80 yds, it is simply amaizing!!!

My excal phoenix shoots 289FPS threw a chrono with a normal string. If you get the upgraded string it will add about 20fps.

still smoke the bullseye everytime at 50yards, the farthest I will shoot this bow at an animal.

I relize I can buy a faster bow and plan on it later, just not right away. I just thought it might be fun to "customize" this bow with some faster cams and see what it might do. You all know what to much time in a tree stand does, gets the old brain thinking of ideas to change things. LOL

Back