Nikon Monarch on sale...What is UCC?

jwalle1

I was looking to get a new scope and wanted something with fine crosshairs for punching paper and shooting groups. However i also hunt with my rifle and have seen the 3-9 x40 monarchs on sale for 199 which seems like a really good deal. I have coupons for 10 off that so i may just get one of these for later? MY question is what does ucc stand for? Just wondering if its a discontinued thing. I no longer see 3-9x40 on the nikon site in this scope

I bought a Monarch 3x9x40 UCC with the BDC reticle last year at Gander Mountain for $199 on sale the ad said $100 off, good scope so far.

haha thanks shark. I wasn't being lazy i actually did google it but i overlooked the answer i guess. I appreciate it...

So what are y'alls opinions on this scope. I see burris is also on sale

I have a Nikon Monarch, but I honestly don't know if it has UCC or not.
It is very clear and I don't have a bad word to say about it.

I have a Nikon Monarch UCC 3-9x40. It's several years old and is a great scope. The UCC's are the older model Monarchs back before they changed the style of the turret caps on both the Monarchs and Buckmasters. Don't think they put UCC on the Monarchs for the last couple of years. I'm sure they are using some newer/"better" lens coating now.

I have a 4-12 AO UCC and it's darned nice for the money. I paid about $199 for my Buckmasters, and my Monarch slightly brighter.

I'm pretty sure you would be happy with that for $200, I paid $368 for mine around 5 years ago (or more).

Originally Posted By: jwalle1haha thanks shark. I wasn't being lazy i actually did google it but i overlooked the answer i guess. I appreciate it...

So what are y'alls opinions on this scope. I see burris is also on sale

The Monarch UCC's are very good scopes. Used one for a couple seasons on a Remington 700. I found mine to have plenty of eye relief but you eye position was very critical on my scope.

To clear it up a bit, the UCC's are the previous generation Monarch's. I have one on my AR-15. I have used Nikon Monarch's for the past 12 years and also have one of the new generation Monarch's as well.

At $200, the UCC's are a smokin' deal!!

Bob

Calypso,

How do the new Monarch's compare to the older models?

I only have the 3-9 UCC w/BDC and been thinking about upgrading.

So when did Nikon start using the BDC reticles?

I talked with Ed with Nikon's CS staff and he said that they still use the Ultra Clear Coat On Monarch scopes.

They started using a different coating on the new Prostaff scopes though

For what I gathered: Eye box, internal workings, different magnification ranges, turrets, etc and it will vary from model to model.

Well, my old one has a 3X zoom range (4-12) and the new models are all 4X range, I believe. That would be a major design change.

My AO is "twist the objective bell" and the new ones are "side focus" I think.

Completely different scope I'd say.

Back