Red X Arms

frown.gif
Geez jk, just what DID you check on when you wrote in your post that "1x9 is their [Red X] twist" and they have "no other gas systems other than carbine?" Their 20" barrel upper has a 1x8 twist AND a rifle length gas tube!
thumbup.gif
I'm sure glad I checked for myself because your post certainly left me with faulty information.
crazy.gif

Jayhawk Dan

Ok, my post earlier today is the first one since last June. How have all the Red X uppers been working out since June? I am almost certain I'm going to order one of the 20" SS uppers from Red X, but I would like some recent information from PERSONAL experience. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Jayhawk Dan

Wow markley, that is some fine shooting regardless of the outfit your buddy has!
smile.gif
Now, please provide the formula--barrel, upper, lower, etc.--for the AR you were shooting and let us know what cartridges you were using to get this special accuracy. Thanks in advance and keep shooting straight
thumbup1.gif

Jayhawk Dan

16in barrel fluted. Burris mount. Bushnell banner 3-9. Plum crazy lower. Lake city brass. Winchester small rifle primers. 2230 powder with a 60gr nbt. That's about all I know.

Thanks, Markley, and to everyone else who posted on this thread, this information will be very helpful to me.
thumbup.gif

I've received my Red X Arms complete upper assembly (20" SS hvy barrel, free float handguard, BCG, and ambi-charging handle), and it really looks nice.
smile.gif
Furthermore, the communication with the folks at Red X was great and their shipping was much quicker than I anticipated! I will mount the upper on my Plum Crazy (PCF is new name) lower and shoot the works this weekend. I'll post how it all works next week.
smile.gif

Jayhawk Dan

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk DanI will mount the upper on my Plum Crazy (PCF is new name)

JD, are the lowers now marked *PCF* instead of *Plum Crazy*?

I read somewhere they were going to go that route, but didn't know if it ever happened.

Hi Doggin-- I don't know whether or not the marking on their lowers has changed. I learned about the name change when I went to the Plum Crazy Firearms web pages about 10 days past.
smile.gif

Be safe, be accurate, and have fun!!
thumbup.gif

Jayhawk Dan

Mounted my Red X Arms upper on my Plum Crazy (PCF) lower last Saturday (5th) and went partying. The upper fit into the PC lower just like it belongs there; it is nice and snug with no movement that I can detect. Didn't have my 'scope mounted right (too low because didn't have right rings) but I just had to shoot it
rolleyes.gif

In a nutshell, I shot over the hood of my truck--I really do have a nice bench setup--since the 'scope wasn't going to be much help.
blushing.gif
The rifle shot like a dream!!
thumbup.gif
I shot two 2-shot groups using American Eagle stuff and the first two rds are 5/16" center-to-center; the second 2-rd group is 3/16" (touching) center-to-center. Then I had to quit shooting and get back home, but it sure was fun!!

I'm not reporting this as a real test of the rifle, but only as a preliminary function/accuracy/satisfaction evaluation. I'm just very happy with both the upper and lower components of this rifle; it's exactly what I wanted!!
thumbup.gif

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll do my best to answer them.

Jayhawk Dan

I bought a red-x 5.56 about 3 months ago, this thing shoots,came with stainless bull barrel, areo lower, floating handguard, Neil the owner sets up at gun shows, he put it together right there in front of me, the way i wanted it. I will buy another upper from him, one with a longer barrel next time i see him at the show, and you can't beat his price.

Back