Fathers day special..............Again.........

What is the recommended barrel length on the 17 rem? And what twist do those barrels come in? Stainless barrel? Thanks.

Originally Posted By: r15remWhat is the recommended barrel length on the 17 rem? And what twist do those barrels come in? Stainless barrel? Thanks.

I have one of scotts in the 17 with a 22" barrel. The lija barrels are a 1:9 and that is the best twist for a 17 hands down. I have only seen SS lija barrels. I am getting 3775 fps out of mine with a 25 grain bergers. Hope this helps.

I worked up a load for mine from Scott today. 24" 17 Rem 1 in 9 25 grain Vmax. I'm staying with the first load I tried.
100 YARDS.

001-17.jpg

All right dang-it I want a custom upper. E-mail and PM sent Scott. What barrel length do yall recommend for a calling rifle in .223? I only have a carbine length AR right now. 16 inch.

Last edited:
Wormy, I'm going with an 18" SPR. My 16" carbine is F'ing loud and this will help a little bit plus give you extra velocity. I'm trying to keep mine lightweight so I wouldn't go any longer than 20". If you already have a 16" I'd go for something else so mix it up.

Brett, Scott is out of the office for the rest of the week but you can send him a pm or email him and he'll let you know. Wormy Im almost positive they are but dont qoute me on that. I went with an 18in on my .223 and my 6.5 from Scott and I Love them.

Last edited:
Man I would love to get in on this but dont think the wife would appreciate the down payment with christmas being so close. Maybe next time.

Back