sport dog vs. tri tronics

midwestkid

I am in the market for a new shock collar setup. I have been using an older sportdog setup somebody had freed up and now they want it back. I never had any issues and it worked great. It seems like every really talks highly about tri tronics. So what makes the tri tronics better? I am looking at the sport dog hound hunter 3225 not sure what the equivelent TT would be. I would be using 3 collars. Thanks for the help

My first setup was a sportdog. It worked well and was easy to use. I then went to tritronics and found that the button set up for three dogs is ideal. Plus I dont think the model you mentioned has a tone feature, one that most decoy guys want. Plus, my tt on one is effective on my dogs. One on my sd and my dogs wouldnt even feel it
Dafunk

I love my Sportdog have owned tritronics and sportdog I prefer the 1825 I own. It wouldnt be as convenient for more then 2 collars, but I only ever run two. Has better range then my tritronics and battery lasts longer in between charges. Plus its super simple to use and I like the vibrate option.

I have used and abused Tritronics, day after day for years, I'm still using collars that are 10 years old, they are beat to heck, and still work. The range is honest, and they are tough.
I tried "SPORT DOG" Years back, and was not happy with actual performance, compared to what they advertised.
Not saying they are not good, just saying that Tritronics has been a good product for me over the last ten or so years.

I have both units, and both have worked flawlessly. Although my Tritronics unit is older and doesn't have a warning tone, it has never given me any problems. This unit is probly 16 or so years old, it has a one mile range, and operates on a 3v battery, and a 9v battery in the remote. I use and purchased the sportdog collar because it offered the warning tone feature. I know that I can upgrade my Tritronics collar but that is an extra couple of hundred bucks that I just can't seem to pay at this time. Maybe in the near future though.

Back