Great Morning

yfzduner450

I decided to take the dogs out and see if we could call a coyote or two up this morning. I figured after the snow on friday night and saturday, today would be a great time to call up some hungry coyotes. I got up this morning a little late but decided to give it a go anyway. I got out to my calling spot and the fog was so thick you couldn't see 50 yards. On the first stand, I called what looked to be a YOY, at the first sight of the dogs it took off. The dogs caught the scent and headed off in it's direction, after waiting for the dogs to come back, I decided to make stand number 2. Stand 2 was a blank. Now onto the third, I decided to go to an area I know very well but the sun was in a bad spot to call my usual spot so I decided to walk over another hill and call a new canyon. Right off the bat, I noticed a coyote mousing a field about a mile away. I started the foxpro on pup distress at almost full volume and just let it run. At about the 7-8 minute mark I notice movement off to my right side. Coyote!!! It runs right towards the caller, when it dropped down a little ravine, I swung my body and postioned where I thought he'd come up. He was so zoned it on the dogs, staring right at them. I made the decision that i'd better get him killed. I touched off the .243 and put one in his neck. He dropped DRT and the dogs went to go find him. Sorry for the bad pics, I was alone and only had my phone. I had both dogs with me but couldn't get Whiskey to pose for the pic.

IMG-20111106-00037.jpg

jaspercoyote.jpg

Good work. Sounds like a great day. I know what your saying about getting the dog to pose. lol I like that dog in the pic, never seen it before.

The dog in the picture is my 3 1/2 year old Border collie x heeler cross named Jasper. We got him when he was just 5 weeks old from a couple that lived by us. They had an accidental breeding and were just trying to put the pups in homes. When I go hunting, I don't feel right about leaving him behind so he loads up too. He does great on stand, ranges 150-250 yards and is constantly working. Jasper doesn't have a great nose but if he can see it, game on.

Originally Posted By: Duane@ssuJasper ain't bad for a "toe licker"
Ya also got a nice looking rifle.
Well done!!!!

I gotta give you all the credit in the rifle department. You know how to make them look good and shoot even better. Thank you for building my wife such a nice rifle. I really like this rifle for calling, it's light and shoots great. When I want to use it I tell Lindsey that i'm just breaking it in for her, haha!!!

Back