Rock River which ar to get. Accuracy

Ernest II

Cant afford one for quite awhile but would like to know if a $1000 RR with a stailess barrel in 223 would likely be a moa shooter or better. Id hate to buy one then not be able to hit a grapefriut size target at 200 yards.
Thanks
Daryl P.

I've got a RRA Predator Pursuit Rifle with the 20 inch barrel.
It'll rip a ragged hole at 100 yards with 60gr V-Max reloads.
There's lot of folks on there that can share their same results.
I would think you can get one for less than 1K too.

Extremely happy with my Predator Pursuit. Very accurate rifle with 20" stainless steel national match barrel that will shoot under MOA, if you can do your part. Should be exactly what you are looking for.

I know where you can get a custom AR for around $1000. Give Scott at Specialized Dynamics a call or pm him, he will guarantee you a shooter for sure. You could get what you want instead of an off the self AR. Just my opinion.

I don't think you could do any better than the Predator Pursuit. It is a sub moa rifle with a very good trigger.

I just bought the ATH model from RRA and it shoots 1/2" groups. Rifle can do better. I'm holding the rifle back.

Dave

Last edited:
I also have a RRA PP and it shoots less than 1/2 MOA @ 100 YDS.
thumbup.gif
Also it cleans SOOO easy
thumbup.gif
. I did put a 3# Timney trigger in it.
thumbup.gif

Went SAge Rat shooting last spring at SSU's had 83 Rounds left in one box of ammo out of 83 shots I made 80 kills. The RRA PP made it so easy there was no challenge so I put it away and went to my 17HMR.

DAB

Im about to get a predator persuit tomorrow, just debating over a 16 or 20 barrel. I have a stupid question but what is MOA?

Let me solve your problem, get the 18", lol. I have a RRA 18" Varmint. Just FYI, it took about 300 rounds for it to settle in. I was getting about 1.5 - 2.0 inch groups and was starting to get concerned and all of a sudden they dropped to like .5 to .75 inch. I have loads worked up but haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. RRAs are very nice but I would seriously consider a custom for the same money. If you can't wait though, can't go wrong with a RRA. MOA stands for minute of angle, one inch at 100yds, two inches at 200yds and so on, that's the simple answer anyway. Good luck, you'll love whatever you get...

Bought a RRA Varmint 24" bull used, shot great but waaay too heavy. Had smith chop it to 18" and recrown, now it shoots scary little groups. (Still heavy) Haven't really found anything it doesn't like. The cheap crap will shoot an inch and I've worked up loads with Varget and BM that both shoot .5" @ 100yds. Buy one, you won't be sorry.

Back