Yote Hunting and Solunar Tables

TBone

Just wondered if anybody has compared their 'on stand' experience to the solunar tables to see how accurate they are... my next chance to get out will be on 11.11.11 and the tables are indicating a very good day...

All input as always is appreciated...

I have never looked at them for coyote hunting but other types of hunting and even fishing I dont see that they are that accurate. I definitely would not let it influence my decision to go out and try.

Originally Posted By: hunter72i have found that weather is more important with calling than time of day or lunar stats

Amen to that one. I tend to lean toward the frontal conditions (much like fishermen do) much more heavily than I would the lunar tables. Pre-frontal (the day before a storm or system comes through) is my most productive time, but I don't let that influence when I actually get out. It just changes the expectations a bit.

Doing a quick look, it appears your area will be post-frontal on 11/11. I like that when there is a lot of wind and rain, which it looks like you are going to get.

Either way, get out and hit it hard and have fun.

Thanks for the responses, guys- I won't let it influence my go or no go decision but the opportunities I have are so danged limited right now I'm trying to plan ahead as much as possible!

Good luck this weekend!

Back