VihtaVuori N133 in a 223

You guy's have been a great help with my question on 8208 XBR, so i figured i would test the knowledge on N133. So my question is who has tried it and had any success

I have used it almost exclusively for the past 5 years in two .223's. Top speeds and great accuracy along with clean burning. It is one of the best powders IMO for bullets up to 60gr.
Ackleyman has used it quite a bit as well.

I might have to give it another try. I've got three pounds I bought for shooting through my 22 PPC and it was not fond of it at all.

I ran a simple ladder through a few .223s and it did "okay" but not as good as the Benchmark.

I sent an email a month ago to the US distributor of VV powders as to the correct current starting load for N133 and the 45 grain bullet in a .223; they noted they would get back to me.

The older (mid-1990s) and newer (2011) load manuals from Vihta Vouri with that bullet weight in a .223 show that the older MAX load from the mid-1990s is now the current STARTING load....!

I questioned if the current manual had a typo; but I have not heard a definitive word back from them.

I use it with 40 gr Vmax and get incredible speed and accuracy in one bolt action custom 223. I can head shoot groudhogs with that rifle at 400 yards. It's deathly accurate. That rifle also likes it with 52 gr Sierras. My new DPMS AR also loves the 52 gr sierras with N133 and will stack them all in one hole. It's a very good powder in the 223 and is very clean burning. Just watch your pressures as you get to max.

Back