Fathers day special..............Again.........

Come on Vaughan you know that you with out a SD Upper is like a fish out of water.lol I need to tell myself about looking away,I already have 2 and just put in an order for another one. Just do it I did.

Originally Posted By: pitman6302Come on Vaughan you know that you with out a SD Upper is like a fish out of water.lol I need to tell myself about looking away,I already have 2 and just put in an order for another one. Just do it I did.

thumbup.gif

I personally like a 20 inch barrel, but its such a personal preference. Look at Bobtails range report, he has pics and i beleive thats a 22 inch one. I've built some 18" ones as well, but personally think thats a little short.

Originally Posted By: pitman6302Come on Vaughan you know that you with out a SD Upper is like a fish out of water.lol I need to tell myself about looking away,I already have 2 and just put in an order for another one. Just do it I did. I need another job

In a .223, what twists are available?

Are there any lightweight contours available?

Edited: Deleted questions I have answered by other means.

Last edited:
For reference in my 17 with a 22" barrel and 25 grain bergers with 22.2 grains of IMR 8208 I am averaging 3775 fps. Hope that helps some.

Originally Posted By: cornstalkerIn a .223, what twists are available?

Are there any lightweight contours available?

Edited: Deleted questions I have answered by other means.

I get 1-8 twist and try to inject my theory in folks, but 1-9 is available too, NO 1-7!!

Yes I can do a lightweight under the handguards, if i do a lightweight full contour i will not guarantee accuracy.

Fair enough. What theory are you injecting regarding the 1-8?

I only plan on shooting 55's and/or 69's.

How much of an additional charge for the lightweight under the handguard contour?

1-8 twist in my opinion is the most versatile of the twists. You can shoot 45gr up to 77gr bullets without any stabilization issues. I know some folks have 1-7 twists and they shoot good for them, but I never got one working(shooting accurately) to my standards.

The lightweight contour since the machine has to be set up differently is $40.

Back