Nosler Varmageddon

Bob_R

I got an email the other day touting these new wundebullets and finally took a look at it today.

I like the BC of the .224 55gr spitzer. At .297 it should carry fairly well. There is no chart data for the 220 Swift but it looks good in the 22-250. I guess I will just have t make my own chart for the 220 Swift

http://www.nosler.com/Bullets/Varmageddon.aspx

bob

Dunno how the pre-loaded stuff will stack up to Superformance, but I never jumped on that train either.....

But I am thoroughly disappointed in their 6mm offerings in bullet weight. That's really the only reason I won't be about it, .223 looks alright though I guess. But, I'll keep my matchkings.

But that's only one man's opinion.......
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DLJ6Nice looking product but it will cut into sales of their varmint weight ballistic tips.

I'm betting they will make up the difference in volume.

Originally Posted By: DLJ6Nice looking product but it will cut into sales of their varmint weight ballistic tips.

Either they will sell more their their "Varmageddon" line, or they will sell more of their Varmint Ballistic Tips.

I don't think Nosler is sweating it to much, because either way, Nosler makes money.

I received my order of Varmageddon bullets today. From comparing the picture on the box with the picture of the Nosler BTs I have the only 2 things I can see that is any different is the Varmageddon has a flat base and they have a much larger expansion cavity behind the polymer tip, which should (?) help with rapid and possibly violent expansion. It would be nice if I could section one of each and see if the jacketing is any different.

I will load up some for the 220 Swift and see how they work for speed and accuracy. Hopefully I can get out soon and see how the terminal performance is on 'yotes and smaller critters.

bob

How are they priced when compared to the V-Max and the regular Nosler B-Tip bullets??

I only ask because I am wondering if they are trying to re-invent the wheel?? By that I mean I have never had a problem with the V-Max, or the Nosler BT when it came to good varmint expansion?? So I am just wondering if their is a need for the bullet-especially if it is higher priced??

Only real reason I can think of is Nosler's bottom line. Or am I wrong about that??

I remember another high end bullet maker trying to re-invent the wheel on varmint bullets(Barnes). And that bullet basically doesn't sell well. Is this Nosler's attempt at that re-invention??

I would gladly pay more for a bullet if it really is better. But my V-Max bullets do a fantastic job on little critters. Dead is dead?? Just curious. Plese no flames. Tom.

you can hold one with a small pair of vise grips and run them on the side of a bench grinder thats how i do it it works great just go slow.

Originally Posted By: riverboss you can hold one with a small pair of vise grips and run them on the side of a bench grinder thats how i do it it works great just go slow.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but are you talking about boattailing your bullets with a bench grinder?

Between destruction of the necessary Jacket, and no consistent way to keep the weight or size uniform, no way Jose. lol

HOGGHEAD,

I beleive it is all about the bottom line. It really offers no serious advantage over the V-Max or the Varmint NBT, other than to try and fatten the pocket of Nosler.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted By: Mike21Originally Posted By: riverboss you can hold one with a small pair of vise grips and run them on the side of a bench grinder thats how i do it it works great just go slow.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but are you talking about boattailing your bullets with a bench grinder?

Between destruction of the necessary Jacket, and no consistent way to keep the weight or size uniform, no way Jose. lol

Now that is funny... I think he is taking about halving one to inspect the jacket.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKER
Now that is funny... I think he is taking about halving one to inspect the jacket.

I figured I was losing my mind, glad I got that confirmed.
lol.gif

Midway has them priced at $14.99/100 compared to v-max at 17.99. Don't know if Powder Valley has them yet, but they will be a couple of dollars cheaper there I expect. Just checked PV and they don't have them in stock yet, but they have them priced at about $12.50 for the hp's and just over $13.00 for the tipped.

Last edited:
Back