savage axis scope mounts

7887mm08

Ihave a buddy who just purchased one in 308.Having issues getting a weaver 4x38 to mount.Scopes to short. My question is I looked up 1 pc mounts at midway but all they offer them for is ones for long actions.So i'm wondering if they are like Tikka T-3's were as the actions are all one size. We tried offset rings which worked but the scope still needs to come back more. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
gary

The actions are the same on the Axis/Edge guns . EGW makes a nice rail for them . I have them on my 223 and 30-06 Edge rifles . Scope mounting is a breeze .

Anything that fits a Savage 10 or 110 Round receiver, will fit the Axis.

Couple options:

Click me #1

Click me #2

There are more out there i'm sure.

Good luck!
thumbup1.gif

The. 308 is a short action. BUT all edge/axis actions are long. Savage spaces the mag and action length by changing the trigger guard. The short action trigger guard piece is longer than the large action, making the rifle a short action
smile.gif
its one of the reasons the line is such a great deal, and you can swap to just about any caliber without changing to a different action.

End result, the bases will work fine.

Like jrhofd said use the Weaver extension base. That is the one Savage SHOULD supply with the gun. I wonder if it would do any good to send them a letter. Most gun makers do not listen very well.
Frank

Originally Posted By: 7887mm08Again one of the mounts suggested is for a long action and i thought a 308 was considered a short action

Once again, ANY bases that fits a Savage 10 or 110 Round Receiver, WILL FIT a Savage Axis.

Either one of them will be a fine choice.

Originally Posted By: Mike21Originally Posted By: 7887mm08Again one of the mounts suggested is for a long action and i thought a 308 was considered a short action

Once again, ANY bases that fits a Savage 10 or 110 Round Receiver, WILL FIT a Savage Axis.

Just to be sure, even 110 - 1 piece bases will work on an axis?

Get the 402M, its a extension 110 base. It is longer than the regular 110 base get 1 regular and 1 402M.
And any scope will fit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TrailblazzinOriginally Posted By: Mike21Originally Posted By: 7887mm08Again one of the mounts suggested is for a long action and i thought a 308 was considered a short action

Just to be sure, even 110 - 1 piece bases will work on an axis?

No, the front and rear hole spacing is the same as the 110, so two piece bases work. However, the distance between the front and rear screws is not the same.

Originally Posted By: Bob after BobGet the 402M, its a extension 110 base. It is longer than the regular 110 base get 1 regular and 1 402M.
And any scope will fit.

Ok so what's the regular 110 base number I need? 402m and ??, will the bases already on the rifle work with the 402m?

46M...yup they will...you can by te 402m for $5 if not you have to buy a extension scope ring which is far more expensive like $50 a pair.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bob after Bob46M...yup they will...you can by te 402m for $5 if not you have to buy a extension scope ring which is far more expensive like $50 a pair.

Awesome, new to the site, first savage rifle....

I'm not sure if this is the proper place but, can I get away with weaver high rings with a 50mm obj?? Or do I need the extra high?

I needed a once piece weaver base for my Axis. The scope had just to short of a tube to get the scope far enough back taht I wasn't popping my neck outt've place to see it. I went on ebay and got mine here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350703494381?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Works great and proved my local sporting goods store that I wasn't crazy they do make them specifically for the Axis.

Back