action won't cycle

wysongdog

I need some help please. I have .204 from tactical rifles. 1 of the set screws on the gas block stripped out on me and I sent it back to Tactical rifles they got it fixed sent it back to me and now it won't cycle the action. The bolt doesn't cycle at all. I pulled the gas block off and checked for a obstruction and didn't find anything. Now what?
thanks Bryan

What do you mean, The bolt won't cycle at all?
It doesn't cycle when being fired?
Or it doesn't cycle properly even by hand?
Is the gas tube making contact with the key perhaps?

I had one once that eventually stopped cycling and it ended up being that the gas block was misaligned. The set screws came loose and allowed the block to move slightly forward, just enough to be out of line with the hole in the barrel.
If your gun was functioning fine before you sent it off, then they may have not put the gas block back in place properly when they "fixed" it.

Manufacturere make mistakes too. I have recently read of several odd problems people have had including the gas hole in the barrel not being properly drilled, and someone installing the wrong length gas tube - too short - which did not come all of the way back into the receiver.

Things happen.

Back