Who's calling who?

Curt Barrett

The dogs woke me up barking about 5:00am. Went out to yell at them and when I got outside I could hear two different groups of coyotes raising heck in the distance. It was as if they were calling me out to play or teasing me because my truck had the boat hooked to it. Couldn't leave.
frown.gif

Set up a couple stands yesterday morning and called in a pair of feral dogs. No yoters. Weird, they tried to circle and wind me just like a coyote. Came into howling and pup distress followed by lipsqeaking. We have more problems with these free ranging dogs than coyotes at times. The more aggressive dog of the pair looked like it was part Blue-Heeler. The other was a Rott mix it appeared. The heeler came in to about 25 yds. Put a 55 gr. HP right into his mouth. Other one took off and didn't get a shot. That dog stank worse than any coyote I have shot. Got a pic I will post when developed.

Later

Good for you buddy , Thats one of the agreements i have with ranchers , They say if you see dogs while callin , waste them they dont belong out there . these dogs kill for the sport of it . not to eat . one sheep rancher i call for said three dogs killed 11 lambs in one night .they didnt eat a thing , just killed for the hell of it . That lil problem is long gone . Jerry .

Well Curt,
Sounds like their callin you.I've noticed coyotes do smell pretty rank in the summer time. I gave on the "Texas Heart Shot" the other night,(right in the butt while he was walking away).He smelled like he'd been dead for two days when I got to him.Boy he was rough.I'd have hated to smell thet heeler if he was worse than that.

Later,
Justin

------------------
thesouthernoutdoorsman_200_wide.jpg

www.thesouthernoutdoorsman.com

Shotokan, got about 10 more pics on this roll then I'm gonna do the 1 hour photo so my wife doesn't hold my pictures hostage for a year again. LOL

Yeah Jerry you're right. Most ranchers I talk to want the free-ranging dogs gone more than the coyotes too. The dogs do more damage, like you said, by just killing and moving on to the next. There is only one house within a mile of my inlaws property and I knew they had a German Shepherd (with collar). The next closest house is miles. Figured those dogs were a bit "out of the yard". LOL

That Heeler was a stinkin' sucker Justin. I took my camo gloves off to carry him to the road. Figured I could wash my hands at the truck.
smile.gif

Back