My wolf, it has all been worth it!

An incredible wolf, an incredible story, an incredible write-up.

Congrats to you on the hunt of a lifetime and thank you for sharing such an awesome moment with us here.

Cograts on filling your dream. Hunting in central and esternMT has been very poor to say the least..The wolves would starve over here right now. Mother nature delt them a swift winter of no mercy, Great wolf and thanks for sharing

Excellent story and results...Thanks for posting it and Congratulations..Beautiful pelt..
thumbup.gif

You passed up a goat for a wolf!!!

Haha great pictures and nice animal. Up here we have 8 goat tags for the entire province, but wolf does not require any licence or tags and can be hunted all winter with no limit (for a resident.) Can't say I've ever heard of anyone going after a wolf with a goat tag at home though.

Your friends and myself think your nuts, good luck drawing another Goat tag. Other than that Congrats Good read and Pix...................

Awesome story and great pics. Definitely one of the best write-ups. I'm glad you got to "live the dream". Not many do. And I agree, I would probably leave every tag I had (except maybe a grizzly) to take a wolf, of any color. Congrats.
thumbup.gif

Great Story!!!
I've only called one in.. No shot!! !

HOPEFULLY by season end I'll have a couple down?? I really don't even have a clue what I'm doing yet,, I walk until I find sign.. Set up my fox-pro scorpion and hope and wait.Any one with any helpful pointers please share!

Dustin

Last edited:
Great post Jay. I would like the opportunity to call a wolf in also can you give me any reccomendation on where to go, Im fron the north east part of Mt. and would like to go but where do I go?

Great looking dog. My brother and I howled one in the year before they opened, in central Idaho. We are still looking for one now there is a season, and we can get two tags this year.
Congrats.

Back