bipod height question

My first harris bipod had friction legs. I ended up buying another one with the notches and move it around enough I'm looking to by another one. I'm sure someone out there likes the friction legs, but I find the notched legs faster and easier to adjust. Its a one had operation verses using both and wrestling the bipod with the friction legs. Both of mine are 9-13 and I almost never have it adjusted all the way down. As mentioned above, the 6-9 is designated for benchrest on their web page.

Dave,
I've got the 9"-13" swivel version with the notched legs and the Pod-Loc thing on it. It works just right for me. I wish I had another one so I didn't have to keep switching this one to different guns.
If I need anything higher I sit up on my hinderparts and use shooting sticks.

Make some rear bags from nylon and poly-pellets from Wally World and you'll be fixed up!

Shootingbags.jpg

Last edited:
You're welcome!
thumbup1.gif

My wife sewed those up for me from the nylon facing on a pair of old bird hunting britches.
The Poly pellets are $5 a bag at Wally World, and 3 bags made the 2 rear bags in the picture with a little left over. The clips are just holding the filler hole closed until I got the amount of fill that I wanted.

Originally Posted By: 1up5downOne more question and then I will go away.

Is there any advantages /disadvantages to using the smooth friction lock legs or the notched legs??

dave

I like the notched legs. If you've got the swivel option you'll be able to level it using that even if the ground's slightly uneven. The notched style is a lot quicker to put into action.

And I've got both a 6-9 and 9-13, you'll want the 9-13. On the 6-9, you'll always have the legs adjusted pretty much all the way out, and it's not as stable.

If somebody is shooting back at you, the 6-9 might be better.
grin.gif

Back