.223 or .204?

I have them both and both will kill a yote way out there. But no matter how much anyone likes the .204 the .223 is still more versatile and that in itself makes me lean more to the .223 Remmy.

Of the two I would go with the 223 as well. However I would look into the 22-250 even more for coyotes. Just saying. And with that comment I will let the flood gates of opinions continue to open.
smile.gif

It depends on if you are a light bullet person or a heavy bullet person, if you like light bullets going fast get a 204, if you like heavier bullets get a 223. I have both and my calling rifle of choice is a 221 Fireball.

Originally Posted By: MousedipperIf you want the bullets to go crooked, get the .204. If accuracy is a priority, go with the .223,

Dave

Dave,

This couldn't be further from the truth. Like OT said, please explain this statement.

Eric

As a general statement, Perhaps it is not absolute.

From My personal experience, it is spot on. I have owned and loaded for 3 .204's all different brands, None would shoot less than 1 1/2 or 2 inches at 100 yds. And yes, my other rifles will shoot 1/4" groups all day long if I do my part.

Dave

Not sure that one is better than the other. I own and use both. I do like the small hole that the 204 makes though for saving fur. I have two 204's and both will constantly shoot 3/4" groups so the accuracy of one over the other wouldnt be an issue.

If I was shooting longer distances or in a lot of wind then I would take the 223 over the 204.

I have them both. The .204 works, but the long barrel is harder to work with in tight areas. I like the .204 for long range varmint hunting, but I prefer the shorter barrel .223 for coyotes. I have a 16in bull barrel Specialized Dynamics flat top in .223 that has never let me down.

I had a r-15 in 204 that would shoot hornady 32 grain factory loads more accurate than any other caliber or rifle I have ever owned. I sold it for plane fair to fly out to AZ after my father died on christmas. Some day I will buy another one.

Back