Savage Axis 22-250 group sizes ?

223ackimp

I just picked up a new camo 22-250 Axis . I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and was wondering what size groups folks are getting .And what bullets/ammo they are using.

Thanks

25-06 1 hole groups with every load I've put down the tube. Midway 2nds 100gr. Best $200 I've spent. Outshoots my stephens in the same caliber with the same glass. Little more recoil though.

I know the twist rates, etc., are different, but my Savage model 10 in .22-250 1 in 12" twist shot a .250 group @ 200yds with the Hornady Superformance factory ammo.

On a similar subject I just bought an Axis in .223. With the help of NdIndy, Kaianuanu and dmpowder and their posts, I was able to get the factory trigger down from 6lbs to just under 4lbs. All for about $2 and 10 minutes of time.

I just bought a new Axis in .22-250 earlier today, hopefully i'll find out soon!

I'm gonna try 52 gr. Matchkings in from of some 4064. We'll see what happens!
tongue.gif

"my Savage model 10 in .22-250 1 in 12" twist shot a .250 group @ 200yds with the Hornady Superformance factory ammo."
That would win most BR matches. You definitely need to start competing.

Jack

Originally Posted By: Jack Roberts"my Savage model 10 in .22-250 1 in 12" twist shot a .250 group @ 200yds with the Hornady Superformance factory ammo."
That would win most BR matches. You definitely need to start competing.

Jack

I'll post up a pic of the target and run it through OnTarget to make sure.

There you are Doggin! Knew you'd show up to spread cynicism and doubt. But you're right, the group is .290. Must be a feeling to be negative and right at the same time?

200yd-group.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesYeah, quite a feeling. Love it when I'm right.

I'm going shooting a little later today.

I'll post a group pic of my own. Stay tuned.

I'll pray for you.

Originally Posted By: getfoxyNice shooting Heretic, dosent get much better.

Thanks - the planets were aligned that day and the weather cooperated. Of course, I'll never get another box of ammo from that same lot#. And I'll likely never shoot that well again, either from a bench or in the field.

I thank you for the prayer but it didn't help. Did you put your entire heart and soul into it? Prayed like you really meant it? I wasn't feelin it man.

I'm afraid the elite 94% must march without me on this day. Guess I'll blame it on the planets being all outta whack and the weather being crappy (even though it wasn't).

Only saving grace I have is offering up this picture from days gone by. I know it ain't 200 yards, but it was about the max distance the rifle would shoot accurately. I'm just an old fart that wants to be one of the modern day 1/4" internet shooters we've all come to depend on. I'll keep trying.

DSC00367.jpg

you know what doggin,guys that can shoot good groups,love it and like to talk or even brag,cant you keep your comments to your self or pm the person.

Originally Posted By: josebdhows this for a internet group,5 shots,223,100 yards,like it doggin???
target1.jpg

Well yes jose. That's a wonderful internet group. Doggin likey. Congratulations!

Back