Its official. I'm impressed

Buster Hindend

Not one to easily impress, I can now say that I am.

As I posted a few weeks ago, I received my first custom built rifle. A 270 WSM for big game.

So I decided not to cut any corners and ordered Norma brass and Redding Type S Bushing Competition die set. I have been loading some Nosler Accubonds.

According to my run out gauge, these rounds are coming out as close to perfect concerning run out (or lack thereof)

I have several other dies however, they are not the competition seating dies, so it's not really apples to apples in that the other company makes similar type dies. Since I don't have any of those it may not be a fair comparison, so I won't.

I'm not sure if its the brass, bullets or dies, or combination of all three, but I'm pleased with the results thus far. I know compared to other brass I have purchased for other rifles, the Norma brass has been very uniform in terms of weight and length with little case prep. Also, with other dies, in other calibers, sometimes my ogive would vary even in the same batch I was loading. Not so with the Redding die. Very uniform.

Going to range Friday for load development.
Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Back