Cost price analysis

Ward H.

Question: minus the cost of driving to go hunting. What are some expenses id be looking at? Dog box, shots, food, beep collar etc. Want to know what I'm getting
Into before I get into it. This is for a decoy dog. A started decoy dog that I have
An idea already on the price.

Thanks a lot

Ok, if its started, the it should already have all its shots. But you will want to put together a basic first aid kit. Maybe $50.

You dont really need a dog box, i just have a chain that runs across the front of the bed of my truck, since its warm all year long, and they get snaped to it, but if you want a box, i would figure between $300-$500 dollars depending on what you want.

A 50 lb bag of feed is going to be between $18 and $30 depending on what you want, and a bag should last one dog atleast a month.

Im not sure exactly what you are looking at as far as a shock collar, someone else on here can hit on that.

Its up to you, and how you want to hunt as to weather or not you need a tracking cystem, but if you do want one, i would figure between $300 - $500 dollars for a single dog system.

If the dog is outside, you will need a kennel, or chain to keep it. A kennel you are probably looking at close to $200, and a chain $30.

You will need a house, you can build your own for about $50, or cut a hole in the end of a barrel, and be into it about $10. Or you can but a nice alluminum insulated one for about $120.

I would figure about $50 a year for wormer for one dog.

But keep in mind, that you really dont need any of the things on this list to hunt and enjoy a dog. Food, and Wormer are about all you really need. It can be really cheap, or REALLY REALLY expensive!

Good luck, hope this helps.

No problem. Alot of people get hung up on all of the fancy doodads. True they are a great help, but if you don't have the budget for them don't let that stop you from hunting with a dog.

Man kind has been using k9's to take game longer than any records can prove, and it wasn't until about 20 years ago that the first tracking collars hit the market. Though they are helpful, I assure you. Its possible to go without!

Originally Posted By: Jesse lackeyAlot of people get hung up on all of the fancy doodads. Its possible to go without!

But Jesse....I love the doodads!
tt1.gif

Maybe I should have explained "doodads" for Doubleck.
I am not refering to the shiny helmet your wife puts on you before you go outside!

We all know it's not "He who dies with the most toys," but rather "He who plays with the most toys before he dies" that wins.
thumbup.gif

BTW: She just puts Knots on my Head.
cursing.gif

Jesse, I don't have an OKIE dictionary. Are you sure that is the correct spelling of Doodads?
confused.gif

Back