Remington Action Screws

newmexkid

Action screws/triggerguard screws.
unsure.gif
Decided to replace the socket head action screws on my 700BDL. Over the years the heads have gotten a little boogered-up. Any idea where I can find some where the shipping won't cost more than the 2 screws themselves??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HereticAce Hardware will likely have what you're looking for.

Yea,,, good luck with that.
whistle.gif

As stated above, most of the major on-line retailers have em.
Unfortunately, they all have to get reimbursed for shipping, and shipping ain't cheap these days.
Some like to gouge ya though, and I can't blame you for not liking that.

Regardless of which way ya go. Just make sure to get Allen head screws, not the old style blade heads.
Luck

If you have some type of Farm & Home store in the area, they usually have a full line of machine screws... If not there, then check one of the auto parts stores, like NAPA..

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleIf you have some type of Farm & Home store in the area, they usually have a full line of machine screws... If not there, then check one of the auto parts stores, like NAPA..

Once again,,,, most rifle screws are proprietary.
It's doubtfull that you'll find a screw that's "Identical" at the local Farm&Home or NAPA.
But good luck trying.

After a 60 mile swing through the county that costs you $20 in gasoline to visit all of the hardware and auto parts stores that you know exist, paying shipping for action screws becomes irrelevant when you finally order them. You could always do away with action screws if you don't want to pay shipping and use duct tape to keep the rifle together.

Originally Posted By: Winny Fanuse duct tape to keep the rifle together.

I've heard bedding compound minus the release agent works very well?

Originally Posted By: RePeteOriginally Posted By: OldTurtleIf you have some type of Farm & Home store in the area, they usually have a full line of machine screws... If not there, then check one of the auto parts stores, like NAPA..

Once again,,,, most rifle screws are proprietary.
It's doubtfull that you'll find a screw that's "Identical" at the local Farm&Home or NAPA.
But good luck trying.

I agree. Take a good look at the screws that you have and decide if you think that is a standard head allen type screw you could find in a hardware store. Doubtful. I buy about $2000 worth of hardware a month and I can assure you that those screws are not going to be found in a hardware store. They have a special head and relieved shank ask the average hardware store employee for that. I'd just order them from Midway and call it a day.

Last edited:
shipping can't be more than a few bucks... in the grand scheme of things, that's not a whole lot.

i'm not sure what your price would be but i just ordered some stuff from midway, UPS ground shipping, and it was sent out same day. always have good luck with midway.

Back