Ground work

IMAG0920.jpg

These pics have appeared on other threads here before, but they are all i have.

This is the late Lola. JRT, By ET's definition, she was a very "hard" dog. But her one downfall was she was a dog fighting fool. Never could break her of it, and it lead to her death.

lolaonstand-1.jpg

This is our new pup, JRT, Rat Terrier Cross.
2011-09-18_14-41-17_670.jpg

Any chance you would re think your no pic polocy for just a min, and show us some of those Jagds of yours Devin?

I had a JRT for 14 years and hunted with him a lot. He was a great dog, very aggressive, and had a good nose. Biggest downsided of him was his grumpiness as I needed him to be a family dog too.

He was as smart a dog as I have ever seen, and would claim his kills with more aggression than I have been around... but he wouldn't turn off the attitude at home. I did not trust him around kids, especially after he was about 9 years old.

I hunt with a Staffordshire, and I have been impressed with their stength and toughness... I have not been impressed with the nose and cardio. The dog has missed some very obvious trails and sign, and doesn't seem to rely too heavily on his nose. Also, I have a 5 1/2 month old McNabb that can literally outrun him by 5-6X. He is good for about 1/2 mile and then he starts to really slow down.

Back