Primos Turbo Dog & sit n spin decoy in hand.

5spd

A pal just bought this at the local wallymart.
Brought it over to me and we started to give it the once over.
Total sounds...69, box says 32...nope it has subcatagories
crow-3
deer-4
elk-4
birds-6
coyote locator-5
coyote sounds-26
fawn-2
fox-1
other-3
rabbit-7
raccon-2
rodent-3
squirrel-1
woods-2
4 premade sets as stated up to 30 min playing time.
The installed hunts are GREAT! thats what I think on them.
Remote says whats going on, play time/countdowns on times.
Remote has day & nite color changes.
Battery check.

We went to register it and see if the Primos site had any currnet upgrades for it...HA that site is a JOKE.
No listing under the registration for the Turbo or alpha calls. Just the old power dog and somthing else.
You would think that they would have gotten the site updated for their new stuff.

This unit is very loud! You have from 1-100 volume control & at 38 its about as loud as my ol fury, at 100 its WAY louder! This will be a good unit in open country IMO.
The instuctions now that I actually read them for real info on how to download, move, change, add hunts or anything else really lacks any in depth, leave you wondering how do I do this when it says I can, but not how.
Go to the Primos site as states in the instructions to see how to anything and well NOTHING is to be found at all.
We had NO buzzing of sound changes, this makes the Flextone ER1 look like a $20 call IMO also, (I have owned 2 ER1s)
I will be taking it out this week for actual field use.

He also bought the Sit n Spin decoy.
Looks like a MOJO for less & perhaps better IMO.
The bottom spins off for the 4AA battery tray, (same AA tray as mojo) No hard to slide off door like the mojo,(I have the mojo) no wires to hook up, slides in & attach the bottom and its ready. Both the stake & topper have snap holders on the body as well so you dont loose parts.
The on/off is a dial knob & you can set it for speed of spin & is intermittent like the mojo. You cant bump it on either, you have to turn it on & set the speed you want it to flop on.
The top is a rabbit head with 2 tails.

I sent Primos CS an email asking why is the Primos site not supporting these 2 new units when the instructions direct the end user to Primos for sounds, downloads, upgrades, how to change settings. They are seriously lacking in that area with 2 nice new callers IMO.
The one I sent on Randy Andersons site was replied to with Primos should have this info on their site sometime in December.

Sounds promising, keep us updated. Competition is good for the industry.
thumbup.gif

I have heard both of the new Primos ecallers they are well built and have plenty of good features. Plenty of sound and well built remotes. Nanchez Shooting supply has the Turbo Dogg for $140 probably a introductory sale. I think we are seeing some competition in the world of ecallers but all seem to be good if used properly. And hunters can choose the ecaller that best suites their needs. But a hunter still needs to work on setups and using mouth calls along with the ecallers for maximum.

Primos just updated their site with an software upgrade 1.2 for this & the alpha dog units yesterday I saw.
They have yet to answer my email I sent them last week though...still "pending"....lol

BOB17...give us your field use report...especially when its in tall grasses since this one fails to get a signal on the remote even at 40 feet when on the ground!

Back