Decoy Dog Calling Competition

Dogs not allowed in the ones I have gone to in TX and OK.

During the times that contest are held, I will kill as many or more without the dog. I carry dogs because I enjoy watching the interaction and working with young dogs.

Yesterday before dark, called a large male I aged at around 4 years old. He came hard and Peaches went to him.
The coyote didn't want much to do with the dog, but did hang around. I let her work abit and after no others showed I killed the male at around 180 yards.
If the dog had not been there it would have been a 20-30 yard shot.

I say all that and the next stand I make, an intact family group may show and I will get to kill all of them using the dog.lol

stay after them
Kelly

Originally Posted By: CAT DADDY COLDDogs not allowed in the ones I have gone to in TX and OK.

During the times that contest are held, I will kill as many or more without the dog. I carry dogs because I enjoy watching the interaction and working with young dogs.

Yesterday before dark, called a large male I aged at around 4 years old. He came hard and Peaches went to him.
The coyote didn't want much to do with the dog, but did hang around. I let her work abit and after no others showed I killed the male at around 180 yards.
If the dog had not been there it would have been a 20-30 yard shot.

I say all that and the next stand I make, an intact family group may show and I will get to kill all of them using the dog.lol

stay after them
Kelly

Well said. I take mine with me all winter but the coyotes dont want nothing to do with the dogs.

Maybe I am not understanding what you want... Do you just want to enter a Comp with your dog or do you want a Comp to decide the top dog? If you are wanting to just enter a Comp with your dog, sounds like you might have to come out west..Utah ,Nev...
If you are wanting a Comp to decide the best decoy dog, well I think that would be impossible to do.

Originally Posted By: Devin69
If you are wanting a Comp to decide the best decoy dog, well I think that would be impossible to do.

Agreed!

But it would be fun to get together with some good folks and their dogs. Just not in Alcova.
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleCK

Agreed!

But it would be fun to get together with some good folks and their dogs. Just not in Alcova.
tt2.gif

I think it would be fun too. I dont know why it has to turn into bickering and running folks down all the time. I would love to see your lab.

LAB? Short Tail, Short Tail....can't you see the short tail.
wub.gif
Just funnin. LOL

BTW: For those who don't know. The Alcova crack is sort of Wyoming joke. No reference to anyone in AR, WA, CO, UT, NV, KS, SD, MT, etc.

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKLAB? Short Tail, Short Tail....can't you see the short tail.
wub.gif
Just funnin. LOL

BTW: For those who don't know. The Alcova crack is sort of Wyoming joke. No reference to anyone in AR, WA, CO, UT, NV, KS, SD, MT, etc.

I couldnt resist man. LOL

Craig, if you bring your Lab & I'll bring my Vizla...
w00t.gif

2011-10-05_17-33-33_876.jpg

And Cat Daddy has a whippet pup that is just tearin' it up!!!
tongue_smilie.gif
(inside joke, I'm a huge Peaches fan!)

Ten Roger. When and Where?
tt1.gif

Devin could you bring one of those black Sheep Dogs so we could have a real "Composite Reunion."
cool.gif

If you all got together, count me in. I'd like to put a few names to faces and swap b.s. with each other.

On a side note, Wyoming would be a great place to host it. Big wide open areas, lots of public land.

Just mainly looking for ones that allow them me and a couple of guys are talking bout possibly putting one on and allowing dogs. I knew it would be impossible to try to figure out the best dog wasn't thinking that at all Devin. Thanks

Back