dog bite concerns??????????

Duane@ssu

Just a little story for guys, to keep us all aware of what we should already know........
My neighbor "old Joe" retired, and crippled, has a bunch of potlickers, the biggest of which are a Mastiff stud, and a Walker stud.(I was not there so can't say which dog bit him or both ????) Sat, the two got to fighting, and while trying to break them up he fell to the ground, and his right arm was bit up real bad. Being a stubborn old bastard he refused any type of first aid,from his wife, couldn't even get a look at it, not to mention, clean out the wounds.
Tuesday, I get a call that he is in the hospital, with a "blood infection".
As of this am, he is still in hospital and they can't get the antibiotics to slow down the infection.
If you get "bit" by anything, firstaid(clean the wound, if your not sure how, consult a first aid book), or get to a doctor. Animal bites can be serious.
Joe is a member here, please keep him in your prayers, for a crabby old bastard he is a good guy. HAHAHHAH!!!

Duane, Please give Joe my best and let him know he will be in my prayers. Anyone that has talked to Joe, knows he is a great guy. I would love to visit with him in person someday.If there is anything I can do for him, please let me know. Devin

Prayers sent from Florida and God speed a successful recovery to this gentleman. Great reminder, Duane.

We have to remember that dogs, wild game, and our outdoor activities bring their own special hazards.

I had a family friend just this past spring in critical care in the hospital with Brucellosis because he was too proud to wear latex to clean hogs. I'd rather look uncool for an hour or two then end up in intensive care for days or worse.

Been busy with Deer hunting, But here is an update, Was at Joes house two nights ago, he is home, the meds are working, and he is grumpy as ever, Looks like he will be fine. He needs to see the doc again tomm. I'll let you guys know when I know more. Duane

Back