Decoy Dog Calling Competition

NEYOTEMAN

I was wondering if anyone knew of any calling competitions that you can use decoy dogs without competing in a chase division. Or maybe that would be something to get started with all the guys starting to use them now.

Thats what I am thinking too. I talked to a few guys here that I know that use them that is tired of entering the chase divisions and we are thinking bout getting some money together to do one but didn't know if we would have any takers.

There are those who hunt with decoy dogs, and there are those who wish they hunted with decoy dogs.
cool.gif

Yah I understand that too and hopefully if the competition could get big enough it would weed them out and maybe bring out the true action not just the I called a coyote with my dog next to me and it chewed into it after i shot it!

I think it would be fun to get together with other guys that use decoy dogs. Im the one that would like to learn something. There aint many guys that use dogs in my area. I think it would be very interesting. Of course it would just turn into a pissing match for some reason. It always does anytime dogs are mentioned.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I'm a pro at all just saying it could be a nice competiton to do there are a lot of guys that say they have decoy dogs but all they are is basically a greyhound with some manners till the guy pulls the trigger. I would love to learn more about decoying from some guys that have been doing it a long time and helped make the sport expand to what it is growing to now.

I may be wrong but I think you can use decoy dogs in any calling contest, so you aren't really coming up with anything new.
Sorry all the calling contests I have seen they allow dogs.

Everyone I been in NE and KS and a couple in IA they don't allow you to in any except if they have a chase division. All that I have done you can't use a decoy of any kinds Wasn't looking to start anything new if they had was mainly looking for some competions to do with decoy dogs.

Originally Posted By: Devin69I may be wrong but I think you can use decoy dogs in any calling contest, so you aren't really coming up with anything new.

I only hunt in the World Coyote Calling Championship....and they DO NOT allow dogs.

Tony

Originally Posted By: Devin69I may be wrong but I think you can use decoy dogs in any calling contest, so you aren't really coming up with anything new.

The ones here in Rawlins, Rock Springs, Sweetwater(Lander) do not allow the use of dogs in any way. In years past I would hunt in 4-5 a year. Now that I have the dogs I would rather hunt with them then enter a contest.

Do they let you use them in Colorado Devin?

I know of some hunts that allow dogs, and some that don't.All the contest out here allow dogs.I allow use of dogs in my contest.Last year we gave out about 7000$ in cash and prizes. Anyone wants to enter a hunt that you can use decoy dogs, your welcome to enter mine.

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeOriginally Posted By: Devin69I may be wrong but I think you can use decoy dogs in any calling contest, so you aren't really coming up with anything new.

I only hunt in the World Coyote Calling Championship....and they DO NOT allow dogs.

Tony Well OK ,Aren't you special.lol

Obviously "some do, some dont, some will, and some wont"....
I guess it just depends on where you are and who is setting up the contests. In other words(IMO), some might feel that having or using a decoy dog would create an unfair advantage. In my LIMITED experience, I do have better luck when using my decoydog.

Originally Posted By: gonzagaObviously "some do, some dont, some will, and some wont"....
I guess it just depends on where you are and who is setting up the contests. In other words(IMO), some might feel that having or using a decoy dog would create an unfair advantage. In my LIMITED experience, I do have better luck when using my decoydog.

none of the kansas contests i have been in dont allow any dogs either.i suppose if you let a decoy dog in then some fella with 3 stags would show up claiming his decoyed and then its a different ballgame
sneaky2.gif
promise these dogs would create a unfair advantage.

Back