taking videos while hunting ?

case-nh

Would like some input on what to use for taking videos when predetor hunting or were to post this question. Have seen some small hat or glasses units that look convenient but how good? Thanks.

I have wondered about the quality on the glasses mounted video cam as well. Hope somebody has some experience here.

I dont film hunts dont even own a true video camera for that matter, but me and my cousin have tried filming fishing trips when we hook into the big ones.

If you have a buddy I would recomend a true video camera mounted onto a tripod. One person hunts the other films. If you want hands free filming get a Go-Pro helmet camera. The Go-Pros are also waterproof and somewhat shock proof so you could probably mount them on your weapon if you so desired. Only issue with the go pro is that it has no zoom and its a wide FOV camera so objects look farther away than they really are. Might be bad for hunting if the coyote hangs up too far away you wont be able to zoom in and the fov is so large it will look like a spec.

not sure about those glasses cameras but im guessing the quality would be about like a cheap cell phone. Maybe im wrong but that just seems to good to be true.

I would recomend getting a go-pro over the glasses camera. I've got a go-pro and it isn't a "cure" all when it comes to filming but it's allowed my to get some really cool pov film, to compliment our other camera. Check out my gun mount footage.

Originally Posted By: YoteSnufferI wanna get me one of them now! They even have a zoom

Better tell ole Dad to put one of em on the list.

Just remember he's probably spending your inheritance on all this stuff.
smile.gif

I've actually been spending all my money so far. He said he will help with the foxpro [beeep].... But I've been welding in a fabrication shop all summer to get started on this'

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesYa like welding? Thinking about it as a career?

Can ya repair the crack of dawn and the break of day yet?

Uh-oh, Snuffer. Ya got a salty welder's ears up and it ain't me.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Matt_LowCheck out the Lid Cam by Rhino Outdoors.I have seen some videos with these and they are good. If you get it let me know, I would like to know if it works well for myself.

http://rhinoutdoors.com/product-details.php?prodid=13

I like the looks of that one too, Matt. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on trying one out is having to reach up and turn the lens manually before lining up on your target if shooting. It seems like a tough maneuver to go through if you have a critter coming in hot and heavy and then you'll probably get shots of your fingers while trying to move the camera. That's one less hand on your firearm and more movement for the critter to see.

If you don't change the angle when you go to shoot, you lose video of the shot as the camera will be angled the wrong direction. I like everything else about it, though.

You should be able to turn it on when you start hunting and shut it off when you are done. I looked into them and I think they said you can record for over an hour.

dOGGIN COYOTES..

Man no one is safe when you are on the Prowl..

we get on this forum at our own risk..

you come up with the funiest stuff

Joseph

Just saying HI to you Sir...

Why not mount an inexpensive digi camera that can take videos also like this,
I have no problems with recoil as its on my .223s & 6x45.
I can zoom in/out & run the video with fast simple finger taps.
camera004.jpg

Originally Posted By: 5spdWhy not mount an inexpensive digi camera that can take videos also like this,
I have no problems with recoil as its on my .223s & 6x45.
I can zoom in/out & run the video with fast simple finger taps.
camera004.jpg

Nice setup

From what I've seen on TV if you mount a camera on the rifle you will not get the actual kill shot. The recoil will mess it up every time. I saw one guy few years back with Randy Anderson, can't think of his name right now but he mounted one on a Ruger 10-22 22 mag and even then the recoil was messing up the impact shot. Then he had it on his 270 Win and that was absolutely terrible. The whole camera almost flew off the gun. I'm convinced you need a second person with the camera on a tripod, cause if he is hand holding it and is close to the shooter he will jump when the gun goes off most times.

Back