How do you attach your ballistics drop chart

Mark2

I was wondering how everyone else attaches their bullet drop chart to their guns. I have a axiom stock on my Howa, there is not a lot of places to attach one.

I have seen several ways that it can be done.

1) Have it laminated and attach to side of butt stock.

2) Tape it to the top of your scope bell.

3) Tape it to the inside of a Butler Creek eye piece flip up.

I like #3 the best

Dave

I write my dialups on a sierra reloading tag and since its a peel off sticky I have it on the left sides of my Savages.
All my info to 800yds is on that tag in ink, pencil will rub off fast.
SHOOT027.jpg

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110On the side of my rifle, but since this spring I run my ballistic app on my I-phone and been more then pleased with the results. Originally Posted By: daisy2007I also use a ballistic app on my iphone. It works great.

Me too! But I have the paper as backup. I put it in a plastic badge holder. I strap the thing around my wrist. But the best option is study the table and memorize it. Just use the paper as back-up.

3f96d6f9.jpg

I do this. Quick 'n dirty chart on the flip up cap using double sided tape.

My detailed chart is on the bottom of my rangefinder. After viewing through the eyepiece, I simply tilt the rangefinder down 45 degrees and there is my chart right in front of my face. Let's face it, if you don't have a rangefinder, you're probably not going to need a detailed drop chart either. I printed out the chart in Excel, then used double sided tape on the bottom, and packaging tape on the top (cut to size) to waterproof it. It's been on there 3 years without coming off at all. The same chart is on my rifle stock so I always have two copies no matter what. Notice the chart is near my face not way down on the butt stock where you have to make an effort to view it while shooting prone if I I decide to use that chart.
Stock1.jpg

I use clear packing tape the chart is up side down on the inside (left) of the stock of my rifle.
so just a little tilt and it's right there.
I like the wrist play book idea. I think I may have to give that a try.

I did a handy little "memo" on my cellphone and had everything laid all out for several rifles and promptly left the dang thing in the truck this weekend in Wyoming. I had no cell service out in the boonies...why carry the phone? Duh!

Back