Remington 700 bdl in .222 Rem.

crazyyote

Greetings, I was lucky enough to acquire a beautiful 1975 Remington 700 BDL in .222 Remington. My question is how many of the members here use a .222 and if you have one what factory ammunition does yours like. I know Hornady stuff is usually excellent. I'm thinking a nostalgia hunt is in order along with a couple of my old mouth calls. Thanks in advance.

awesome. if you ever want to sell it, look me up
smile.gif

I don't have one but have shot many groundhogs with one that a friend has. I'll ask him what he shoots in his when I talk to him. Great caliber and gun.

My Tikka combo gun seems to keep the Remington factory 50 gr HP under 3/4" at 100 yd. on 3 shot groups. can't say much about others - I shoot mostly reloads too.

I have a CZ as well (had a TCR yrs ago) both very accurate guns and a joy to shoot. If I were to look at Factory I would look at Hornady V-Max.

Remington 600 in the "triple deuce" no factory stuff for me, but I'll bet almost anything you feed it will be accurate enough.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the responses. I'm eager to get some Hornady ammo with the 40 gr and 50 gr Vmax bullets. I hope it shoots well. Research shows a 1 in 14 inch twist on this firearm. I have my fingers crossed for tight groups. It has a mid 70's Redfield 4x12 AO variable on it that still has the factory limetime warranty sticker on the objective of the scope. Should be interesting.

I've had a love affair with the 222 since I was just a kid. It was the first centerfire rifle I ever fired.

I have a Rem Mod 7, Sako Vixen L461 and a Rem 722 that was my Dads in 222. They all shoot great with my reloads. Never fired a factory round in any of them. 40 to 50 grain bullets have always worked best for me. I'm sure the Hornadys will work good for you.

Let us know they work for you.

Back