Leupold - VX-III, Vari X III, & VX3 - difference?

howling

Leupold - VX-III, Vari X III, & VX3 - difference? Are these the same scope or 3 differnt scopes? Looking on Ebay and it's getting confusing because I'm looking to purchase a scope for my dad soon. Thanks.

Definitely not "just age".

Definitely three different scopes. Do your homework on this one. I just bought a new VX-3 and IMO it is definitely a big improvement. Just my opinion. But I have had dozens of Leupold scopes. Especialy the erector system as noted above. My new one tracks perfectly. And that is a refreshing change for Leupold(IMO) VX models. Tom.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: howlingWould a vari x III used and in nice condition be worth $428?

what power? which turrets? objective size? not sure if they made a 30mm tube in that generation.

I just bought a brand new Leupold VX-3 in a 4.5X14X40 with the CDS dial for $500. I would have a hard time paying $400+ for the old style. When for less than $100 more I would get the new model with the dial I want.

The one I bought did not have the AO. Tom.

Originally Posted By: howlingWould a vari x III used and in nice condition be worth $428?

My initial response is no...compare the price to a VXII that is a more comparable scope. Quite awhile back I traded a Foxpro caller for a "VX-III" scope, you can imagine my reactoin when I got ready to mount it and read VariX III on the scope.
cursing.gif

Originally Posted By: HOGGHEADBruno Shooting Supply. Their price is $498.70. Tom.

WOW! at that price i'm surprised they still have any.

I've got a 3.5x10x40 Vari X III that I had Leupold upgrade the lens to VX-3 lens, and they changed the windage and elevation adj. also for $143

I just bought a VX-3 in a 4.5X14X40 as well for just over $500 at a local small town gun shop. I thought it was a great deal. It was with no CDS though.

Back