A friend sent me some cool pics.

Tyrod

Yep, there are Jaguars in Arizona!
Jaguar1.jpg

Another cool one
LioninRockCreek1.jpg

That is AWESOME!

I would love to read some more on the jaguars in AZ but cant find anything published recently... It seems to all end with the death of Macho B

I seen a show recently (Jim Shockey, IIRC?) where the crew was along covering a group who was attempting to tag/collar a jaguar somewhere in South America. They were using hounds to tree the cat, then it could be darted & caught in a net, according to the plan.

Well that big cat wasn't having any of it. He turned and went through the dogs like a chainsaw & kilt every one. That was heartbreaking to watch. Jaguars are alot bigger & more aggressive than the average puma!

Great pics...

From what I understand the guy that treed the jaguar had no idea of what he was chasing. This was in the Chiricahua Mt Range in SE Arizona. I did not ask when the pics were taken...he grabbed his dogs and beat a hasty retreat.

Jaguar2.jpg

Those pics could have been taken by Warner Glenn, or his crew.He hunted Jaguars in Az and Nm, for years.
There are very similar pics in his book "Eyes of Fire"
copyright 1996.
Very interesting guy to visit with.

Tyrod,
I sent you a PM with Warner Glenn's phone number, if you would give that number to your friend, and have him give Warner a call. The Glenns are always interested in Jaguar sightings, when and where etc... Information like this is shared with the research people who track the travel patterns of the Jaguar. Those are some really neat pictures thank you for sharing. Here is a picture of Warner and his daughter Kelly, I was fortunate enough to go out with them on a mule ride August of last year. This picture was taken in the southern part of the Peloncillo Mountains, New Mexico.
DSCN1213.jpg

Got the number and I forwarded it on.
I really love the countryside out there. Looks like a great place to ride.

Back