what kind of glass do y'all put on your rimfires??????

bigsky_songdogs

just wondering, i was relooking at the .22 show and tell thread and saw scopes all the way up to Swaro's so just wondering what everyone uses and thinks is a good RF scope
smile.gif

I personally try and buy tried and true brands and avoid those strange ones that you hear some guys put on their guns. Generally I try and follow the rule of thumb "Buy a rifle you can afford, and a scope you cant." There is no substitute for quality optics. However, even the low-end brand name optics are still higher quality than high end scopes that were made 50 years ago.

Do I think I need a $3k scope for every rifle? No. But I think that having a scope with good eye relief and good light transmission is a must.

I have the following on RF's:

Nikon Prostaff 2-7
(2) Leupold VXIII ERF 6.5-20*40
Leupold VXI 1-4

I had a 4-12 Swaro on my Magnum Research .22mag, but ended up trading the scope towards another NF.

Right now my plinker has an old Bushnell 4x40.

My target rifle has a Weaver KT15.

And my heavy barrel 22 mag has a new Burris FF2 electro-dot 3-9x40......

40x bench gun = weaver t36
remmy 541t = luepy 6x target model with dot and turrets
cz 453 = bsa sweet 22= squack killer
513t = redfield olympic style irons

On my Ruger 10/22 Volquaurtsen ,I have a Nikon 3-9x40 Pro Staff.Perfect for my needs,and the price is good also_On my Savage BTVSS 17hmr I have a 6-20 power scope.

On 3 of my RF's I have Bushnell 3200 Elite's. On the 10/22 Mag. I have a Tasco World class
cry.gif
Good enough for yotes out to 1,000 YDS.
lol.gif
, Will put a 3200 Elite Bushnell on it if it gives me any trouble.
DAB

With the arrival of the HMR, "Rimfire" glass has changed a bit IMO.
My favorite 22LR has a 2.5-8 VXIII that I had Luppy reset the parallax to 60yrds.
With the longer distances the HMR's capable of, a 60yrd parallax probably wouldn't be the best choice.

Anyway,, since you said "22" my choice for a new scope would be the 3-9X33 EFR VXII Rimfire with fine duplex reticle.
There's a reason that the better scope manufacturers make their RF scopes with fine crosshairs but that's another thread.

What ever your preference in scope manufacturers, most scopes made for centerfires won't focus at 22lr distances (not even AO models), so it's probably best to put a rimfire scope on a 22, and a centerfire scope on an HMR.

JMO, YMMV, Etc, Etc

Originally Posted By: rletts77For shooting squacks and what have you..straight 4 or 6 power. Paper shooting, 24 or 36 power target scope.

Im probly just being dumb, but what the heck is a squack??????

Back