Gut wrenching hound story

After reading Shane's article I have been staring at the screen, searching for the words that could hammer out a reply that could possibly be worthy.

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKAfter reading Shane's article I have been staring at the screen, searching for the words that could hammer out a reply that could possibly be worthy.

I'll just quote this, because I feel the same way.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: tdouglassOriginally Posted By: DoubleCKAfter reading Shane's article I have been staring at the screen, searching for the words that could hammer out a reply that could possibly be worthy.

I'll just quote this, because I feel the same way.
frown.gif

frown.gif

This latest attack happened only last week. Sadly, it is only going to get worse for the houndsmen in wolf country unless some measures are taken...

My hunting dog is my friend, and if I ever had to deal with something like this... my new lifes ambition would be to kill whatever did that.

While I don't think Wolves should be exterminated, there populations need to be kept confined to certain areas so danger can be avoided.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NorcalkyleMy hunting dog is my friend, and if I ever had to deal with something like this... my new lifes ambition would be to kill whatever did that.

This x1,000,000

Hunting regs wouldn't stop me from killing an animal(s) that killed my dog. If that means I pay fines, and can't hunt for a few years, so be it.

I don't have hounds, just bird dogs, but this gets me. I can't stand to see this happen. We now have this exotic species pushing further and further into WA and I know what I would do if they did this to my Wirehairs.

It is stories like these that has made me think about the old adage "Fight Fire with Fire." By this I mean what if someone had their own pack of hybrids, family pets, of course. The bigger and more percentage wolf they are the better and as all families like to do they take them for hikes up in the woods on (howling excursions). Since there is exotic species that do not like to share the woods and would come up and attack your pets they would need protection. Wide, heavy duty throat collars, belly and leg protectors, etc. Stuff they use for fighting dogs, so if your pack of family pets did happen to get attacked and they fought back they wouldn't get hurt. Of course there might be casualties especially on the exotic species side of things. Just some thoughts as the right wing wackos are trying to do everything to keep us out of the woods we should be doing everything we can to get back in the woods. That guy that wrote that letter, I am sure, will have a hard time from now on letting his dogs get out of his sight in the woods. Certainly his opportunities of having a good time in the outdoors will go down from this point on. Fight fire with fire my brothers.

This is happening way more than a person realizes. Most people won't even report the incident anymore. It's terrible that our government and Mike Jumeniz(sp) are putting the lives of people and there personal property in danger for there own personal agenda. Canadian grays are an invasive dangerous species. Wyoming "Castle Law" states that we have the right to protect ourselves, others and our property from overwhelming force. No where in it does it state that the force has to be from a human.

There's a reason that our forefathers tried to erraticate this threat to mankind. I guess, as a culture, we're just too stupid to learn from the past.

It's happening in more places than the western side of the states too. The western end of Michigans U.P. is very heavily populated in spots. You can ask our DNR about it and they'll say the wolves arent a problem.

Since I started deer hunting up there the amount of deer seen in the woods is getting less and less. But according to the DNR wolves are not impacting deer populations.

My dads friends up there have had their dog (collie) taken right off the porch and drug to the edge of the yard to be killed and ate. The wolves around there don't have the fear of humans that they should.

Last edited:
Jdolezal, i was born and raised in Michigan. Spent much time hunting the porkies, and all over the west up. You are absolutly right. We have lost a few fox hounds up there to wolfs.

Have you ever been to the deer yards in the spring? Rotten with carcasses that wolfa killed and left half behind to kill again the next day.

if that was me..I'd be setting out some m44 traps for those suckers. Keep my dogs in for a couple weeks then go pick them back up once you think you have done enough good to keep your hounds safe and let other hunters know about your situation. But that might have to stay on the down low.

If anything like this happened to my dog/best friend...there would be reckoning coming
sneaky2.gif

I'm sorry for your loss!

Back