Annie comes through..

HideHunter

Dragged the Anschutz out for the first time this season. It's *almost* like cheating.
wink.gif

6506.jpg

Very nice HH. Nice photo, rifle, and bag. What sort of ammo do you like for your squirrel hunting?. I have an Annie 1422dcl that I don't take out much because the 10/22 is about as accurate and is handier. TTT

I like subsonics out of the Ruger for early season. I have a DRock bullet modification system that I flatten the top and hollow-point with. Makes a world of difference in "terminal performance". I actually use quite a bit of Remington's SS. But I also use some Aquila, PMC Match Pistol, Federal AutoMatch, Wolf MT, Federal Gold Medal... With the Hollow Pointer they all make good hunting ammo.

The Annie gets SK HV HP. Shoots it like a laser and I normally use it more later in the season after the leaves come off and the ranges tend to be a bit longer.

I know what you mean about accuracy. My 1422 will shoot bugholes at 50 meters - but heck - the Ruger will shoot cloverleafs.. Pretty good squirrel medicine and fun to shoot.

What do you shoot for ammo? How about a picture of the Annie?

Thanks Gary - I love my Annie but those CZs don't have to take a backseat to anyone for squirrel rifles.
thumbup1.gif

Got out this morning. It was foggy, dark and grungy in the woods but we managed to scratch out a limit. I think I killed every squirrel I saw this morning.

6507.jpg

Here you go HH. Top is my Ruger of course, next is the Annie 1422dcl, then a CZ 513, and then an old classic Remington 12c with Lyman tang sight. The 12c belonged to my grandfather's friend who was reputed to be a squirrel hunter of some renown. It was left out in a barn for many years and was near lost but it was given to me and I rescued it. The wood and metal are damaged on outside but mechanicals including the bore are excellent. So you see the journey from old classic to modern high tech here. The Ruger and Annie are squirrel rifles and I have one other rifle that merits the term 'squirrel rifle'. It is a Rem 541s that I bought new in about 1974 or so; but it was too far in the back of the safe to dig out. There is no telling how many squirrels I have killed with those 3 rifles over the years. I killed 18 one morning with the 541s-that was back when I was young and skinny and could see better!! LOL TTT

Foxy-The CZs are about as good as it gets in a real rifle today without spending a bunch more for marginally better performance.

IMG_0147.jpg

Last edited:
HH-And another beautiful pic and limit with the Annie. Good shooting and hunting. I haven't gone in the last couple of days but the weather and conditions have been perfect. Just have too many squirrels in the freezer now. Been working on a ground blind stand for my youngest boy as youth deer season is coming up in about a month. TTT

Nice collection TN, Don't get me wrong, I love my 452 to death and will never part with it, no flies on the cz at all. but an Anshutz is the cream of the crop IMHO

Nice pic Tn.. and a nice buncha iron. Hard for me to get "too many" squirrels. Our season doesn't open until Sept. Limit is 6. We eat squirrels. My dad's in his 80s - he *loves* squirrels. Both my sisters and their husbands like squirrels and I have a few older folks I like to drop off a mess or two. To make matters worse I run a combine for 10-12 hours a day for 6 weeks right in the peak of it.
cursing.gif
Life shouldn't be this hard.
thumbdown.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Back