Help with a tikka 695

sigpros

So here is the deal. I have a friend who wants to get into hunting and never has before. He has a rifle that belonged to his wife's first husband. It is a tikka m695 7mm mag. The stock is broke off clean at the palm area. Looks like it might have been dropped. Does anyone know where to get a stock at? Trying to get him set up with a stock used or new. Nothing fancy just want to get him in the woods. The rifle seems to be well made and feels dang good. It has been glued back togther but not a good job and isn't going to come out real easy either.Thanks for any help

Thanks guys.Just trying to get this thing shootable for the guy. Money is real tight and he has a really handicapped son and doesn't spend money on his self. I sent them an email. Thanks again guys

I left a message with a guy who had one for sale a while back. It was a wooden stock off a 300 mag, IIRC. I'll let you know when I hear from him...........

You can get the stock from lots of places, just none of them are cheap. McMillan, Manners, MPI, Stockade. They will all inlet for them, and have in the past. I'd expect the prices to be high, though...........

Just a thought... Sell the Tikka and use the money to buy a new rifle. IMO, the Tikka's are great rifles, but parts are hard to find and not cheap.

So far the beretta one seems to be the best bang for the buck. The mags are high for this thing too. $65 a pop. I don't know what he should do. He get a nice savage for the the price of the stock, but the he has no money in the gun also.

Hey sigpro did you hear back from the guy who has the web site yet? Are his prices any better? I was just curious for reference purposes.

I figured last night that you would quickly see and click on the "Click Here" notation (below the picture)on the link that Too Much provided and that you would see that there were several other lower priced options for the 695 Tikka available than what was first shown by the link.

In comparison to a new Rem 700 BDL wood stock at around $250 (based on their voluminous 2011 price list showing $257 as pretty standard for basic walnut wood ), the Beretta prices don't look all that bad. Granted there are a lot more 700 stocks laying around in basements than there are Model 695 Tikka stocks, but for a new factory replacement which the Tikkas are, those prices seem to be pretty much in line with the competition. I haven't looked recently but from past experience I'm sure Winchester, Ruger, etc. would want about the same money for a new replacement.

Good luck on your search and maybe even something much more reasonable will pop up. Have you checked some of the online auction places like E-bay, etc? Helping your friend out is a good thing and you should be commended. Again best of luck to you and to him.

Haven't heard anything yet. Ya I have been checking gunbroker and ebay. That one for $250 aint bad. And finding a take off for a hundred or less seems like a pipe dream.

First guy I talked to sold his last one, recently.

Other guy I spoke to said he sold his factory takeoff, but still has a homemade stock off of a 300 Win mag. Not sure of the quality of it. He is supposed to be emailing pics........

Back