Who makes 7mm STW?

Trapper Luke

Looking into gettin a longer range rifle and think I'm gonna go with the 7mm STW. Was curious to who all makes a rifle in this caliber? Will be doing my own "custom" things to it so mainly just looking for a rifle to build off of.

Thanks,
Luke

I just bought a used Remington Sendero and it is an awesome long range rig so far. It really sends a bullet fast. Not many companies still chamber this round. Go with a Remington as there magazine box fits that cartrige better than some others.

If your serious about the long range you need the right twist to shoot 162-180 class bullets. Possibly heavier, that is the heaviest I have experience with.

2mg,

What twist would you suggest?.....I have got an STW I built in the late 80's 30" hart brl #9 dgls contour mcm marksman stock
shoots great, 140's 160's one hole w/no change in poi between the two @100 yd. only problem with gun is it needs a "lifting eye" added just in front of the scope so you can pack it around
frown.gif
frown.gif

I would like to built another STW that i can actually hunt with ,as I still have the reamer, and would like to use 162 amax as you suggest. I for got what twist I have so( will have to measure) I was just curious what twist you would use.

I have thought about recontouring the one I have but kinda skeered of this. (possibe stresses degrading accuracy) would also value your thoughts on the recontour/accuracy issue.

Sotex

1-9 should work well with the 160 class bullets. any heavier and you would have to look at 1-8, or even 1-7

I just saw a used 7stw in a Savage rifle in a new, small gun shop in Harrisburg, PA for UNDER $400!!!! Didn't look too close at it, but if you want the contact info, I'll gladly pass it on. Owner is an ex-Marine, and Iraq vet. Cut me a heck of a deal on some ammo, so I'll pass this on. Never in the shop before, and just met him today - nothing in this for myself - just thought - WOW! - when I saw the price. can't lie to myself on buying a new gun now, so somebody else can. FWIW.

I've had three, sold two and one left.

Weatherby Accumark
Remington Sendero

Someday I'll scope and shoot my Sako-75 7STW thats sitting in my safe.

Great caliber.

Back