Gunner/Mattie pups training (Pics and Video)

[/quote]but most of us are in it for the long haul and want our kids and grandkids to be able to hunt as well. look at the big picture. [/quote]

I will agree with Devin on this. I will be smiling from above when my kids' grand kids get on a forum like this and say. "I am a fourth generation houndsman and no one on these forums knows anything".

The opposite scenario has happened in my area. I sat on the interstate for an hour and a half a few years ago for a wreck involving a semi truck and a pickup truck. By the time I get to the wreck I see the drop cloths over what was left of the pickup and see it was cut in half by the semi. Later I found out that a whitetail deer jumped out in front of a woman driving the pickup and hit her, knocked her into the path of the semi and both her and the truck were basically cut in half. Shortly after the family started to petition the local town to do something about the local deer population that had grown out of control. They were well informed with statistics and did their homework. The got a following and went in with an educational approach instead of a lynch mob mentality. Long story short, we now have an Urban Archery season mostly due to these folks educating the public with facts, not hot air, and not with smoke and mirrors and not just by saying what the majority wanted to hear.

Men were expected to hunt not so long ago. It was something that went without question. Propoganda and false education have fueled the fires against our sport. People grow tolerant of what is in their face 24-7. Rather than censor ourselves so much, maybe we need to saturate the opposition and fence riders more. I'm not saying go wide open and turn our videos into a Quinton Tarentino film, but not hold off on an impact shot, blood trails, animals in traps and the truth that goes with hunting. You'd be surprised how many Betty Crockers will turn their position when you make them the victim of a coyote, skunk, or other vermin animal and show them a starved wild animal from over population, a hurt kid from coyotes and mountain lions hunting in town, or their toy poodle nabbed by a predator. Show a liberal a video of a coyote playing tug of war with a cow over after birth or killing a lamb slowly and then show them a couple pups taking down a coyote on a drag. See where their sympathy is then. I bet they root for the pups
wink.gif
. Then there are those, as mentioned that think we shouldn't put collars on dogs and eat meat. They won't be reached whether we are censored or not, they are extremist and luckily not the majority. These are the people rescuing animals from shelters in front of the TV camera during the day and killing them and hiding them in dumpsters in the cloak of night because they too don't know how to solve over population without killing.

On the copyright subject.A copyright has to be purchased and filed on a video,picture,article,etc.,just like buying a patent on an invention.If the material has no copyright filed,it is fair game and has no legal owner.

FAQ from the United States Copyright Office bulletin:

When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

Do I have to register with your office to be protected?
No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section “Copyright Registration.”

I think I may see a trend here.

Seems the dog men and hunters trying to hold there own as minorities in "Blue States" are more aware and sensitive to these issues than those hunting and running dogs in the "Red States."

Could be BS, just a thought.

I think you may be right. On my youngest sons first day in preschool this year he proudly painted a picture of a dead coyote for me. I wonder how that would have went over in NY, Cali, Co or other places.

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKI think I may see a trend here.

Seems the dog men and hunters trying to hold there own as minorities in "Blue States" are more aware and sensitive to these issues than those hunting and running dogs in the "Red States."

Good post. Im from the south. Aint not worries. Your talking about civil war when you talk about taking away our hunting rights. Aint happening.

This is turned around into a good thread. I've never been one to tiptoe around and worry about PETA and the such. I've generally just flipped them off....but I'm listening to this thread. I'm the same guy that wears a coyote fur coat with a camo hat, when I fly on a hunting trip. I'm not ashamed one bit as a hunter. I've got a PETA, animal horder, neighbor that lives directly across the road from me. She's attempted to turn me in 3 different times to NMGF. I don't pussyfoot around and hide what I do. I take great pride in what I do for a living and have since moved my coyote dog training from the back yard to the front yard, in plain sight....just out of spite.
grin.gif

PS. I never got a PM from you, EmeraldTerrier.

Tony

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKI think I may see a trend here.

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeThis is turned around into a good thread. I've never been one to tiptoe around and worry about PETA and the such. I've generally just flipped them off....but I'm listening to this thread. I'm the same guy that wears a coyote fur coat with a camo hat, when I fly on a hunting trip. I'm not ashamed one bit as a hunter. I've got a PETA, animal horder, neighbor that lives directly across the road from me. She's attempted to turn me in 3 different times to NMGF. I don't pussyfoot around and hide what I do. I take great pride in what I do for a living and have since moved my coyote dog training from the back yard to the front yard, in plain sight....just out of spite.
grin.gif

PS. I never got a PM from you, EmeraldTerrier.

Tony

Apparently I believe you can walk on water Tony, so could you please post a video of that next( I'm kinda doubting you can, sorry) just make sure you get your copyright in place first.

tony i dont know where or what happened to it. maybe gunner ate it.lol just jokin. what would be a good time to call ya? pm me if you want yours came through.

bob

For anyone that thinks I have taken no "heat", for the content of my video, here are some facts, I lost a corporate hunt,(5000$),around 100 nasty phone calls, and a handful of emails.
The bunny humpers have nothing better to do than mess with us.
I'm not ashamed of what I do, or how I do, for years I had the "screw them mentality", then we lost our rights to hunt lions or bears with dogs. I had cops here 3 times this year, because someone with a "boner", made false claims about me breaking the law.
My point is, because I "dog" game, where I live I am a "target".
This whole thread,comes down to concerns about the consequences of posting video. Nothing more, nothing less.
If we are all aware that anything put on video, or stills, and shared,could be used against us at some point. I'm not saying to not post anything, and not suggesting to "hide",just saying that a reminder for all of us to be aware is not a bad thing.

Tony, I for one love the video's. Some people just aren't dog men. Maybe I'm a little twisted, but I'm a firm believer in seeing dogs do what they are bred to do.

On a side note, a buddy of mine just got 2 4 month old catahoula pups from Corlew kennel in Georgia, we hope they turn out just like yours.

Thanks man. I don't believe I'll be posting any more videos of my training. I've had a ton of guys ask for me to come out with a decoy dog training video, but I'm reluctant to, for the very same reasons. The work that goes into training high-power dogs isn't for the faint of heart. I think it's best to keep it under the covers.

Thanks again.

Tony

Back