Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2001296 - 09/19/11 02:12 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Barkspud]
Catkiller Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Roland,Oklahoma,U.S.A.
That is a monster!!!!!!

#2001398 - 09/19/11 05:30 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Jesse lackey]
Cory29901 Offline

Loc: Oregon
Yotes2Call,

I can tell you a story that is about 20 years old. A guy I knew named Leo, who is now deceased had baited bears for years and years in Washington State. He had been baiting a bear for my dad, and the bear would only come at night after my dad had left the stand. Leo told my dad that they needed to mess with the bear's head. Leo had been baiting with donuts back then. They went to the grocery and Leo bought like 4 bags of the big marshmallows. He went back to put the bait out for the night and walked down the trail that the bear had been coming in to the bait on. He went 3-400 yards or so and started dropping marshmallows about every three feet. He did this all the way to the bait and then right next to the bait was a small pine tree. He made a marshmallow tree by sticking the marshmallows all over it like a Christmas tree.

My dad hunted the stand that night, and after a couple of hours he saw the bear coming up the trail. He said the bear would see the next marshmallow and go and eat it and the next one and the next one. He said the bear's eyes got real big when he saw the marshmallow tree and he went for it. My dad shot the bear standing up as he was picking marshmallows off the tree.

Leo said that the marshmallows made him forget about the hunter in the treestand only think about eating more marshmallows.

Don't know if this would work for ya...of course if he finds that first marshmallow...look out.

#2002647 - 09/21/11 11:40 AM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Cory29901]
Yotes2Call Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Buffalo, Wyoming
can almost picture that... lol

thanks !

#2002847 - 09/21/11 06:29 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Barkspud]
Barkspud Offline

Loc: Down east, Maine
Ive been talking with some canadian guys and sugested cutting the bait to a third the norm. Ive been giving it a try, one site seems to be helping and one its not. Wish i could have hunted tonight got off the boat to late.
Porky's

#2003049 - 09/21/11 10:21 PM Re: Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... [Re: Cory29901]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wauneta, NE / Gold Canyon, AZ
Originally Posted By: Cory29901
Yotes2Call,

I can tell you a story that is about 20 years old. A guy I knew named Leo, who is now deceased had baited bears for years and years in Washington State. He had been baiting a bear for my dad, and the bear would only come at night after my dad had left the stand. Leo told my dad that they needed to mess with the bear's head. Leo had been baiting with donuts back then. They went to the grocery and Leo bought like 4 bags of the big marshmallows. He went back to put the bait out for the night and walked down the trail that the bear had been coming in to the bait on. He went 3-400 yards or so and started dropping marshmallows about every three feet. He did this all the way to the bait and then right next to the bait was a small pine tree. He made a marshmallow tree by sticking the marshmallows all over it like a Christmas tree.

My dad hunted the stand that night, and after a couple of hours he saw the bear coming up the trail. He said the bear would see the next marshmallow and go and eat it and the next one and the next one. He said the bear's eyes got real big when he saw the marshmallow tree and he went for it. My dad shot the bear standing up as he was picking marshmallows off the tree.

Leo said that the marshmallows made him forget about the hunter in the treestand only think about eating more marshmallows.

Don't know if this would work for ya...of course if he finds that first marshmallow...look out.

Love that one! lol

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.