Gunner/Mattie pups training (Pics and Video)

I gotta add a couple things here.Tony mentioned the use of Poodles as a joke.All kidding aside,Poodles are some of the grittiest dogs I've ever seen.We had two of them when I was really young.Both were real hunters and killers.No joking. It has been said also that this is no place for this type of video.Well,where else would it belong? And,last but not least,it has been said that hunting priveledges were not in danger.Don't ever believe that.And hunting is NOT your right.It is a priveledge.Look at the history of some other countries.I think Germany is one.All hunting is on Preserve type land.You cannot own a gun there.You must use a gun at the preserve.This could easily happen here.Here in Pa,license sales are so far down that I doubt the money from their sale pays all the PGC costs.Guys in Pa., if you think I'm kidding,go to a hunter safety course in your town.Hardly any kids starting anymore.I took a kid to one a few years ago and out of three towns, they had 11 kids.They had to combine towns to make it worth the effort.It used to sound like a war on the first day of deer around here.Now you here a shot here,a shot there.And you hardly see any hunters in the woods around here. Point is,we must try to present ourselves well out there.As far as Tony's video,the one pup seemed to stay back and let the other two get up close and personal.I figure that this dog is the smartest of the bunch!

Well, I woke up this morning half cringing to follow up here, but I see there has been some constructive dialogue! I'm glad for that!!!

Originally Posted By: emeraldterriers1i dont recall how many hunters there are in the usa...

i dont recall how many hsus, peta, ethical treatment of animals, ect...

but i do remember how many that ride the fence... around 80% of the population.
you take betty crocker house wife and average joe,show them a vid of 3 dogs harassing a coyote in a leghold... they sterotype hunters. they have never hunted before don't ever intend to but that is the picture in there head. thats not me, devin or tony.

I quoted this, because it is that 80% of the population that we don't want to push in the wrong direction!
This issue never has been about the 10% of the population who are hunters & see nothing wrong with a video of that nature. Nor is it about the 10% radical peta-types who look to end our collective sports.

It is about how WE (the of us 10%) make an impression on that vast 80% majority who could be swayed to go either way on the fence! If that majority where to be swayed against our favor, then [beeep] straight they could shut us DOWN! As Devin pointed out, it's already happened in several states!!!

This isn't about egos, individuals, or dogs, this is about preserving what we LOVE to do! Hunt, trap & fish!!! So, considering that, it IS that 80% of the general public that we need to keep in mind when we share pics, vids & such.

IN short, use good judgement, common sense & a PG type rating as your guide. But there is NO need to quite posting pics, vids, or telling stories!!!

Sorry it took making a mini-chit-storm to get that point across. And thanks to Devin & the other guys for helping to clarify it better than I could.

Good hunting guys!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: knockemdownWell, I woke up this morning half cringing to follow up here, but I see there has been some constructive dialogue! I'm glad for that!!!

Originally Posted By: emeraldterriers1i dont recall how many hunters there are in the usa...

i dont recall how many hsus, peta, ethical treatment of animals, ect...

but i do remember how many that ride the fence... around 80% of the population.
you take betty crocker house wife and average joe,show them a vid of 3 dogs harassing a coyote in a leghold... they sterotype hunters. they have never hunted before don't ever intend to but that is the picture in there head. thats not me, devin or tony.

I quoted this, because it is that 80% of the population that we don't want to push in the wrong direction!
This issue never has been about the 10% of the population who are hunters & see nothing wrong with a video of that nature. Nor is it about the 10% radical peta-types who look to end our collective sports.

It is about how WE (the of us 10%) make an impression on that vast 80% majority who could be swayed to go either way on the fence! If that majority where to be swayed against our favor, then [beeep] straight they could shut us DOWN! As Devin pointed out, it's already happened in several states!!!

This isn't about egos, individuals, or dogs, this is about preserving what we LOVE to do! Hunt, trap & fish!!! So, considering that, it IS that 80% of the general public that we need to keep in mind when we share pics, vids & such.

IN short, use good judgement, common sense & a PG type rating as your guide. But there is NO need to quite posting pics, vids, or telling stories!!!

Sorry it took making a mini-chit-storm to get that point across. And thanks to Devin & the other guys for helping to clarify it better than I could.

Good hunting guys!

I understand what your saying but, honestly what percentage of that 80% would EVER see that video? I dont think any hunter would show that to Suzy homemaker, thats stupid and irresponsible. I look at it kinda like this.... When is the last time YOU went to Bettycrocker.com and looked up a video on making spinich quiche? Probably never. Kinda the same thing. Its not in your lifestyle. Same with Suzy, she would probably NEVER come to this site and just happen to see that video. Is it posssible, yes. Likely, no.
Don't get me wrong i get it, but realisticly I dont believe that 80% will EVER see this video unless shown to them on purpose. To claim they will just seems like paranoia.

I will chime in here one more time.

I too think this thread has covered some good topics, and looking back now, i will say that i was probably wrong in my opp. But thats why i called it an opp, not a fact. I think that good did come from this thread, but also some bad.

I dont think that anyone on here has the right to bash another persons dogs, or the way they hunt. If TT or Duane, or Devin, Myself, or anyone else got on here and said, "This is how my dogs hunt, and its the only right way" then yeah, speak your peace.

BUT, none of them have. It has been said many times, "hunt your dogs the way you want, and be happy"

Tony has made no attempt to hide what his dogs do, or how they do it. If his dogs dont fit the discription you have of a decoy dog,,,,,,,, Dont buy a dog from him, and leave it alone.

There is no reason why any thread should turn into a dog bashing session. If a guy is honest about what his dogs do, and how they do it, it is what it is, he is happy, there is no reason to continually bash a guy and his dogs.

I dont own any of Duanes dogs, I dont own any of Devins dogs, and i dont own any of Devins dogs. If any of these guys were trying to sell me a dog, and i didnt like the dog, or have a use for it, i would tell them so in privite.

To be honest, i havent seen a dog on here that i would have any use for, or feed every day, (except Duanes "Spotlight" stud, But he is a very handsome dog! lol)
But i dont continually bash them because their dogs arent what im looking fore, i know what i want from a dog, and i find it, and leave the rest alone.

Hunt, You are absolutely right. The 80% of people would never go looking for the video but these activist love to promote videos like that to get their agenda passed in congress. I don't think we need to stop posting altogether but we just need to be aware of what we post. I like to see the dog work but i do realize it may end up biting us in the azz one day.

Yes they do. However, where do you draw the line? We are talking about fanatics here. Everything we do offends them. They are just as likely to purchase Duanes video(no offense) and use that, or any number of videos out there. No one jumps on Duane, RA, Burnham Bros, why because their videos are acceptable to hunters BUT I promise they would'nt be to the anti's. Following your line of logic, we should just stop hunting because sooner or later the anti's will use it against us.
Do you realize some of them crazies are even against dog collars? Do you take your dogs collar off when you go to town, so the anti's wont see it? Of course not, but the fact still stands it offends them. Anti's are like terrorists, and there is no apeasing them.
My point is, TT's video is no different than anything else when it comes to hunting and an anti's opinion of it. I'm not saying rub it in their face, but posting such a video in a hunting forum is not unacceptable IMO, just because some on here took great offense to it, and tried to bolster their opinion publicly, and have the entire post removed. Thats wrong.

Originally Posted By: HuntsleepfishYes they do. However, where do you draw the line? We are talking about fanatics here. Everything we do offends them. They are just as likely to purchase Duanes video(no offense) and use that, or any number of videos out there. No one jumps on Duane, RA, Burnham Bros, why because their videos are acceptable to hunters BUT I promise they would'nt be to the anti's. Following your line of logic, we should just stop hunting because sooner or later the anti's will use it against us.
Do you realize some of them crazies are even against dog collars? Do you take your dogs collar off when you go to town, so the anti's wont see it? Of course not, but the fact still stands it offends them. Anti's are like terrorists, and there is no apeasing them.
My point is, TT's video is no different than anything else when it comes to hunting and an anti's opinion of it. I'm not saying rub it in their face, but posting such a video in a hunting forum is not unacceptable IMO, just because some on here took great offense to it, and tried to bolster their opinion publicly, and have the entire post removed. Thats wrong. There is a huge difference...Videos are protected under copy write laws and can NOT be used or copied under penilty of the law. The World Wide Web is a free for all and can be coppied and used by anyone that want to use it.

Originally Posted By: Huntsleepfish. Following your line of logic, we should just stop hunting because sooner or later the anti's will use it against us.

My line of logic just stated that we need to be aware of what we post, not stop hunting. I used to have the mindset that you have and said [beeep] the anti's but thread like this have opened my eyes and I've read and realized what some of the more experienced guys have to say about this topic. I understand the need to keep certain things to ourselves and out of the public eye. I personally enjoyed seeing the video. I have nothing bad to say about it but when you look at it from the outside, ya maybe it should have been kept private. I plan on putting my dog on a couple trapped coyotes this weekend for some training and will be filming the whole thing but you won't see the video posted come monday. That's the point i'm trying to convey.

Tony I hope you keep posting. I really enjoy seeing your dogs work and your knowledge you post on here. I bought one of the pups out of that litter and that's how I have been training him its the best way to get a wounded coyote in front of them young pups. Keep up the good work and I am proud to say I have gotten a pup from Tony Tebbe!

Originally Posted By: Devin69 There is a huge difference...Videos are protected under copy write laws and can NOT be used or copied under penilty of the law. The World Wide Web is a free for all and can be coppied and used by anyone that want to use it.

I don't believe that is correct. Copyright pertains to reproducing and distribution of said works. Don't believe it stops you from showing a video in public or Congress for that matter.

Thats not all I was talking about either.. why is it ok to make a DVD with explicit warnings about hunting, and sell it to the public, but as soon as someone posts on a hunting forum all of a sudden it is horrible. Is it to close home here. I dont see how you can have 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Its all the same to the anti's. I guess it's the socially accepted difference that I dont understand.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yfzduner450 I have nothing bad to say about it but when you look at it from the outside

Thats exactly what I was saying before.. WHO is looking at it from the outside? The 10% of anti's, doesnt matter what we post they dispise all of it. The 80% on the fence, doubtful, unless Suzy Homemaker developes a bloodlust. The 10% of hunters, not even close, predator hunters are a very small percentage of that 10%. So, WHO is looking? Perhaps 1% of 10%. That isnt very many folks.

Originally Posted By: HuntsleepfishOriginally Posted By: Devin69 There is a huge difference...Videos are protected under copy write laws and can NOT be used or copied under penilty of the law. The World Wide Web is a free for all and can be coppied and used by anyone that want to use it.

I don't believe that is correct. Copyright pertains to reproducing and distribution of said works. Don't believe it stops you from showing a video in public or Congress for that matter. Well maybe you should check it out before you express yourself, because you have to have the writen concent of the owner of the video before you can do so.lol Just rent yourself a video and watch the first part of it...you know the FBI warning. You are trying to pound a square peg into a round hole,just because you are trying to defend Tony and this is not about Tony it is about what is right or wrong and Tony just happened to be the one that brought it up.
Now we all know you think Tony is a God and he walks on Water and that is all fine and dandy but most of us are in it for the long haul and want our kids and grandkids to be able to hunt as well. So maybe you can step outside your little Tony world and look at the big picture.

Originally Posted By: HuntsleepfishOriginally Posted By: yfzduner450 I have nothing bad to say about it but when you look at it from the outside

Thats exactly what I was saying before.. WHO is looking at it from the outside? The 10% of anti's, doesnt matter what we post they dispise all of it. The 80% on the fence, doubtful, unless Suzy Homemaker developes a bloodlust. The 10% of hunters, not even close, predator hunters are a very small percentage of that 10%. So, WHO is looking? Perhaps 1% of 10%. That isnt very many folks.
You are wrong again...they are advertising on the radio and TV now days and these pictures and videos are brought up to the meetings that we have to defend ourselves at. Ask anyone that lives in Washington and Oregon and Arizona and Califonia and Colorado that was at any of those meetings that destoyed the hunting right for those states....Ask them if any of that was there to show Betty Crocker house wife. lol You are so mis informed.

Oh wow aren't you clever. I never said this was about Tony, and who are you to tell me what I think? I was trying to discuss the whats right and wrong issue and you go and sling mud, like a child. Nevermind then I'm done talking to you.

Sling mud? You are not discussing anything. You keep saying the same thing over and over and I am telling you that you are dead wrong. This stuff is shown to the public and it is huge and affects all of us. No they are not coming on here and viewing it, and most are not seaching it out. But at these meeting where people are voting to put it on the ballet, well you can bet your butt this stuff will show up there and it will kill us, like it has done in the states I have mentioned. But you don't want to keep an open mind about that and want to keep saying stuff you know nothing about. Now if that is mud slinging then yes and I will keep slinging it to keep my hunting rights.

Here is an example of what public opinion, fueled by zealots, has done in California.

The Mountain Lion Foundation (MLF) got proposition 117 placed on the general ballot in 1990. This would end all sport hunting of mountain lions and called for 30 million dollars per year to be placed in the Habitat Conservation Fund. MLF spent a lot of money bashing hunters to arouse public sentiment. The proposition passed.

In 1994 a woman jogger was killed by a lion. Trusts were set up to care for her small children. The lion was killed and found to have one or two small kittens which were captured. A trust was also set up for the kittens. More money was collected for the kittens than for the children.

In the wake of this, and other attacks on humans, there was an effort to repeal prop 117. Again, MLF went public with their efforts. "Blood thirsty hunters." "Poor misunderstood mountain lions." The repeal failed by a margin of over 16%. most of the votes that killed it came from the Greater Los Angeles and San Francisco areas. Typical non-hunting areas filled with people swayed with the hype of media advertizing.

The results are that there has been no sport hunting of mountain lions for 21 years. Their numbers have grown to the point that the deer and bighorn sheep herds have been decimented.

Don't ever underestimate the means that the antis will go to to further their agenda, or the power they can generate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: getfoxyBefore I start- Nothing personal

I thought about keeping my mouth shut but its hard to do, so heregoes.

Can you guys read what it says a 1 o'clock on the decal? "Kill Clean"?
1316489569.jpg

How can anyone let an animal sit in a leg hold trap while 3 dogs maul it? How is that acceptable at all?

I'll be the first to say I know nothing of coyote hunting with dogs, all this time when I heard of dogs being used for coyote hunting I kinda thought the dog just held the coyote there until you got there to dispatch the animal cleanly and humanely...not like this. There was no sport in this whatsoever, that coyote never had a chance.

Call me soft, a pansy, a liberal IDC, to me this is about as CRUEL, yes I said it, as it gets. Wasnt hunting, wasnt dog traing, it was straight up torture.

But I cant show a picture of a groundhog being blown to pieces by a 55g bullet doint 3500 FPS but Its acceptabe to watch dogs do it?

like a typical liberal putz you state "leg hold" it is a foothold trap. " the only one you are screwin is you when you put donwn what you dont understand"

Originally Posted By: Rimrock1Here is an example of what public opinion, fueled by zealots, has done in California.

The Mountain Lion Foundation (MLF) got proposition 117 placed on the general ballot in 1990. This would end all sport hunting of mountain lions and called for 30 million dollars per year to be placed in the Habitat Conservation Fund. MLF spent a lot of money bashing hunters to arouse public sentiment. The proposition passed.

In 1994 a woman jogger was killed by a lion. Trusts were set up to care for her small children. The lion was killed and found to have one or two small kittens which were captured. A trust was also set up for the kittens. More money was collected for the kittens than for the children.

In the wake of this, and other attacks on humans, there was an effort to repeal prop 117. Again, MLF went public with their efforts. "Blood thirsty hunters." "Poor misunderstood mountain lions." The repeal failed by a margin of over 16%. most of the votes that killed it came from the Greater Los Angeles and San Francisco areas. Typical non-hunting areas filled with people swayed with the hype of media advertizing.

The results are that there has been no sport hunting of mountain lions for 21 years. Their numbers have grown to the point that the deer and bighorn sheep herds have been decimented.

Don't ever underestimate the means that the antis will go to to further their agenda, or the power they can generate.power
Rimrock1, Thank you so much for your input.

Back