Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#2002327 - 09/20/11 10:16 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: btech29]
Devin69 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Craig Colorado
Come on guys really? I mean REALLY? You think everyone is going to stop hunting for even one season? Or stop buying tags? Come on...thats what I mean....a FAIRY TALE. lol
Come back down to earth and discuss this in reality.
They have said the same thing about gas....lets just stop buying it for a few days, we will show them...lol Now this tread is just getting silly.

#2002331 - 09/20/11 10:18 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: btech29]
Devin69 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Craig Colorado
oh and btech29, I promise you none of the money that tags pay for goes to fighting for your hunting rights.

#2002333 - 09/20/11 10:21 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: Devin69]
btech29 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NW Arkansas
My response was PETA is not ever going to stop hunting. If they think they can throw out a couple million and stop us they are the one living a fairy tail. Hunting is not going away. Period.

#2002334 - 09/20/11 10:22 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: Devin69]
ARCOREY Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: USA
The antis quit hunting and pooled their resources, looks like it works to me smirk. Got to sign off, got to work tomorrow and all those on welfare still depend on me.

#2002338 - 09/20/11 10:28 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: Devin69]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: kansas
i dont recall how many hunters there are in the usa...

i dont recall how many hsus, peta, ethical treatment of animals, ect...

but i do remember how many that ride the fence... around 80% of the population.
you take betty crocker house wife and average joe,show them a vid of 3 dogs harassing a coyote in a leghold... they sterotype hunters. they have never hunted before don't ever intend to but that is the picture in there head. thats not me, devin or tony.

#2002342 - 09/20/11 10:35 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: Devin69]
Orneryolfart357 Offline
PM senior

Loc: Nevada
I must apologise for my "tethered remarks" I never realised that this was effective training for dogs. I only know that after having raised 2 labs "that never mauled birds" I would never train mine that way. Different strokes I guess.. Carry on.

#2002427 - 09/21/11 12:04 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: getfoxy]
ozzy Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Henderson Nv. USA
Originally Posted By: getfoxy
I never said it wasnt LEGAL, I just dont agree with it. I have dogs, I have had Walker Hounds, Black and Tans, had a Plott. right now I have a mountain Cur, I was raised with the mindset of killing the animal clean and quickly There was no reason whatsoever that coyote needed to go through all of that....IDC about keeping it out of the spotlight or not...that was rediculous
Tony can take it personal if he wishes, fine by be, Its called an opinion.

And the discalimer thing? I cant post a disclaimer of a picture filled with blood and guts so why is it ok to post a disclaimer of this? Disclaimer means nothing.

You go!

#2002444 - 09/21/11 12:17 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: ozzy]
ozzy Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Henderson Nv. USA
Come on, we kill vermin here. Now your gonna piss and moan about how the details, grow up. Who hasn't shot a bird with a BB gun and couldn't recover it as a kid? Crybaby's

#2002456 - 09/21/11 12:37 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: Orneryolfart357]
Duane@ssu Offline
Retired moderator

Loc: Gods Country
There is alot of discussion going on in this thread, that has gone on in "private" among many of us.
I'm the first to say, I have posted some video, that in "hindsite" I shouldn't have. [beeep] I even have a "trapline" segment in my video. I have taken heat for it from members here, and taken heat from people in the sporting industry.
"With experience comes insite" (author unknown)
We each have choices to make in how we do things, whether your job is to train dogs, train horses, or build pianos.
Whether it's me, or Devin, or Tony, or any one else, we all make choices on what to post, and what not to,and make these choices for whatever reasons.Thats all fine, the flip side is there are consequences,not only for the guy making the post, but for other people.
Lots of good opinions, and lots to think about in this thread.

"IF YOU'RE GONNA TALK SMART,YOU BETTER RIDE A FAST HORSE"

#2002466 - 09/21/11 12:50 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: ozzy]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

Loc: Lovington, NM
Quote:
Again Tony, I was disappointed with the cross I made. It had nothing to do with you. I guess I should have shut my mouth. I think you are well on your way to making some outstanding dogs but you don't have to prove it to anyone on here. If someone wants to see a video of the grit send it to them on a pm or better yet make them wait till you put out a video. lol I hope you keep posting on here, I for one enjoy seeing and reading your stories.

Like I said, it's all good Devin. I have no ill feelings sir.

Now, on the other hand, the following comment gets under my skin. I guess it's more of the history of comments. I don't know what I've ever done to you ET, but dang man...get off my azz. They're just a bunch of young pups in training. This is only the 2nd coyote they've had access to put a tooth on. Everything prior has been on fat and happy penned coyotes. Both times, they've done extremely well in my book, for 6 month old pups. And the "Tebbe Compound" statement...come on man. Why do you give a rats butt what I produce, train, and/or sell? This thread finally got on track to a good debate and you had to go and stick enough hot pokers in my ribs to really rub me the wrong way. I really don't understand your motive sir.

Quote:
tony is promoting/selling dogs,its part of his lively hood.tony stated "these dogs are spoken for" but the other 3 litters on the ground ain't. wink or any future pups from the tebbe compound. as far as i'm concerned tony hasn't showed a vid that his dogs have dispatched...one dog or three, nothing but leg held coyotes or coyotes that have taken a bullet.(which JMHO) there doing there job.i have never owned a cur (had coon hounds) but in my book his dogs are not gritty either, but they bay and hold marinal hit coyotes.thats there job plain and simple, the vids i have seen strenght comes in numbers. did anyone notice besides me that coyote was getting face barked until human intervention (went in grabbed the chain)tony(alpha pack leader) showed the young pups its ok... i would of bet they wouldn't of got any closer if tony didn't shake things up a bit.

Good night all.

Tony

Tony Tebbe

#2002489 - 09/21/11 01:35 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: TonyTebbe]
jbmaster Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Bradford, Pa.
I gotta add a couple things here.Tony mentioned the use of Poodles as a joke.All kidding aside,Poodles are some of the grittiest dogs I've ever seen.We had two of them when I was really young.Both were real hunters and killers.No joking. It has been said also that this is no place for this type of video.Well,where else would it belong? And,last but not least,it has been said that hunting priveledges were not in danger.Don't ever believe that.And hunting is NOT your right.It is a priveledge.Look at the history of some other countries.I think Germany is one.All hunting is on Preserve type land.You cannot own a gun there.You must use a gun at the preserve.This could easily happen here.Here in Pa,license sales are so far down that I doubt the money from their sale pays all the PGC costs.Guys in Pa., if you think I'm kidding,go to a hunter safety course in your town.Hardly any kids starting anymore.I took a kid to one a few years ago and out of three towns, they had 11 kids.They had to combine towns to make it worth the effort.It used to sound like a war on the first day of deer around here.Now you here a shot here,a shot there.And you hardly see any hunters in the woods around here. Point is,we must try to present ourselves well out there.As far as Tony's video,the one pup seemed to stay back and let the other two get up close and personal.I figure that this dog is the smartest of the bunch!

#2002519 - 09/21/11 06:37 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: jbmaster]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: kansas
tony PM sent

#2002536 - 09/21/11 08:11 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: emeraldterriers1]
knockemdown Offline
suburban redneck

Loc: NY
Well, I woke up this morning half cringing to follow up here, but I see there has been some constructive dialogue! I'm glad for that!!!

Originally Posted By: emeraldterriers1

you take betty crocker house wife and average joe,show them a vid of 3 dogs harassing a coyote in a leghold... they sterotype hunters. they have never hunted before don't ever intend to but that is the picture in there head. thats not me, devin or tony.

I quoted this, because it is that 80% of the population that we don't want to push in the wrong direction!
This issue never has been about the 10% of the population who are hunters & see nothing wrong with a video of that nature. Nor is it about the 10% radical peta-types who look to end our collective sports.

It is about how WE (the of us 10%) make an impression on that vast 80% majority who could be swayed to go either way on the fence! If that majority where to be swayed against our favor, then [beeep] straight they could shut us DOWN! As Devin pointed out, it's already happened in several states!!!

This isn't about egos, individuals, or dogs, this is about preserving what we LOVE to do! Hunt, trap & fish!!! So, considering that, it IS that 80% of the general public that we need to keep in mind when we share pics, vids & such.

IN short, use good judgement, common sense & a PG type rating as your guide. But there is NO need to quite posting pics, vids, or telling stories!!!

Sorry it took making a mini-chit-storm to get that point across. And thanks to Devin & the other guys for helping to clarify it better than I could.

Good hunting guys!

Edited by knockemdown (09/21/11 08:13 AM)

#2002553 - 09/21/11 09:04 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: knockemdown]
BOBTAILS Offline
PM senior

Loc: In the sage
Well said Fred. I too enjoy the videos and pics. Keep them comin'.

Wolves don't lose sleep, over the opinion's of sheep.

Carver Predator calls Prostaffer, Made in the USA!!
www.carverpredatorcalls.com

#2002578 - 09/21/11 10:02 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: knockemdown]
Huntsleepfish Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Edmond, Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: knockemdown
Well, I woke up this morning half cringing to follow up here, but I see there has been some constructive dialogue! I'm glad for that!!!

Originally Posted By: emeraldterriers1

I quoted this, because it is that 80% of the population that we don't want to push in the wrong direction!
This issue never has been about the 10% of the population who are hunters & see nothing wrong with a video of that nature. Nor is it about the 10% radical peta-types who look to end our collective sports.

It is about how WE (the of us 10%) make an impression on that vast 80% majority who could be swayed to go either way on the fence! If that majority where to be swayed against our favor, then [beeep] straight they could shut us DOWN! As Devin pointed out, it's already happened in several states!!!

This isn't about egos, individuals, or dogs, this is about preserving what we LOVE to do! Hunt, trap & fish!!! So, considering that, it IS that 80% of the general public that we need to keep in mind when we share pics, vids & such.

IN short, use good judgement, common sense & a PG type rating as your guide. But there is NO need to quite posting pics, vids, or telling stories!!!

Sorry it took making a mini-chit-storm to get that point across. And thanks to Devin & the other guys for helping to clarify it better than I could.

Good hunting guys!

I understand what your saying but, honestly what percentage of that 80% would EVER see that video? I dont think any hunter would show that to Suzy homemaker, thats stupid and irresponsible. I look at it kinda like this.... When is the last time YOU went to Bettycrocker.com and looked up a video on making spinich quiche? Probably never. Kinda the same thing. Its not in your lifestyle. Same with Suzy, she would probably NEVER come to this site and just happen to see that video. Is it posssible, yes. Likely, no.
Don't get me wrong i get it, but realisticly I dont believe that 80% will EVER see this video unless shown to them on purpose. To claim they will just seems like paranoia.

Semper Fi

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.