Gunner/Mattie pups training (Pics and Video)

It's all cool Fred. You shared plenty of information in the above post for me to fully understand exactly what this is about and parties involved.

No worries, you won't be seeing any videos...of any kind posted in this sub forum from me. The sub forum can go back to it's normal pace. (insert Yawn here)

Tony

Originally Posted By: knockemdownI realize I won't sway anyone in their opinion. However, the arguement that my shared opinion is somehow ammo for antis is HOGWASH.

Imagine that, YOUR opinion of someonelses opinion, is all that matters, otherwise its HOGWASH. I'd say your opinionated, good for you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: knockemdown
Before posting, I knew full well that I'd prolly catch heck for it. But I also know that there are several others reading along that absolutely WILL NOT post on this topic, yet share the same opinion. I'm just the 'bad guy' for stepping up & airing it out. So be it...

Fred, I think you did the right thing, you shared your opinion!!! Some of which I agree with and some which I don't. I for one like to see dog work whether it is P.C or not but I understand your point on this. I think the conflict started because of WHO posted the video. Everytime anyone disagrees with Tony, his group of followers are the first ones to take shots. I've been the "bad guy" a few times in the past and ive just learned that I will do what I will do and others will do the same. In the end it doesn't effect my life so who cares.

yfz, I really don't have anything against Tony, but its obvious that others do and have taken potshots at him in the past. That is not what this is about...

So, for the record, I'm not "Tony bashing", and don't hold any animosity toward him, or his endeavors as it might appear to his friends, clients or whomever. If it where any other member who posted that video, my opinion would be similarly shared...

If your dogs make you happy, then enjoy them for what they are. But I'll maintain that a little discretion goes a long way when sharing about there skill set. I know I certainly won't be putting anymore links up here for that very reason & have since removed whatever I'd posted here in the past, just in case. I've got nothing to sell or offer anyone here, and there's no sense in sharing that stuff with those I can't agree with anyway...

take care

Knockemdown, no hard fealings here. Everyone has their right to their own opp. As i said before, this isnt really anything that the anti's havnt seen before. Do i think they need to be seing this type of stuff? No, but this isnt the first, nor will it be the last time its been made public.

Kindof like major league baseball trying to hide the fact that ball players are using roids, we all know, its no new thing! lol.

Its true that this sub forum is full of contravorcy. Some of it is nesicary, some is not. That is a simple fact of dogmen, when we get together, our opps will vary, and we will let each other know. There are some who take shots at every opertunity they see on certain people, and its a shame that they do, because all that does is makes it so when a person has an honest dissagreement with the way somone does something, not just because of who they are, it causes a huge riot, and then when you post your opp, you are "choosing sides" and now you are a dink!

I also dont think people need to stand up for someone just because they are your buddy. I personaly have dissagreed with just about everyone on this board at one point or another. I have also agreed with almost everyone on here. The simple fact is if i have a opp based on my experience, that i know what im talking about, i will share. If i dont know anything about it, i will shut up, or of course, make jokes! But i will not run to a buddy's rescue and say i think he is wright, and argue over something that i truly dont know. That happens way too much in my opp.

Like I said guys, it's all good. I posted a video clip of pups baying and killing a trapped coyote. I've seen the very same video clips posted in the past, with alot more dogs and alot older ones. Never saw an controversy over those postings, so I thought I'd be good to go. All I was wanting to do is show some grit, as it was pointed out that I had some dogs that lacked enough grit. Was wanting to show why my breeding program is producing.

Again, it's all good.

Tony

Originally Posted By: knockemdownTony, I'll be the one to say it, cuz I KNOW that many others are thinking it. So here goes...

Although videos like this are representative of what some working dogs do, I must call into question your motives for sharing this type of footage on a public forum. In my opinion, you are only hurting other dogmen by doing so.
There are several dog/hound hunting forums on the internet where sharing this type of footage is BAD juju and not allowed at all to be publicly viewed. To show this footage in order to bolster dogs you sell is bad form.

And for the record, I'm the furthest thing from some pansy azzed libtard animal fanatic, but you really need to step back & consider the pros vs. cons of making this 'training' video public information.

Btw, there are TONS of dogs that will kill a coyote, big friggin' whoop. Anyone can go the the local shelter & find 'em a discarded mutt that'd be happy to oblige.

So when you finish your post with "I though I'd share", I'd suggest you think a little harder next time.
If you don't care about the image you are offering of yourself, at least consider the image you are portraying of other dogmen to those who'd watch your videos. These other dogmen, by that associaton alone, will invariably have to defend your actions in some capacity to the general public. Like they don't have enough problems already!

Nothing personal.

To be perfectly honest, I hope that my post will cause enough stir that the mods will decide to pull this whole thread. It has NO place on a public forum and I think there are more than a few dogmen that are shaking their heads in disgust right now about this.

PS, get a breaking stick & learn how to use it.
I think the best advise was the advise given here. We have to police ourselves or we will be with out our privelages. The "Bunny huggers" eat this stuff up and use it against us. Look at Washington, Oregon, Califonia, Colorado. The Bunny huggers came armed with stuff just like this and it was very appealing to the bleeding hearts and we lost our right to hunt. No it may not be against the law but show this to the public and it soon will be.
This was in poor taste for Tony to do something like this, he as a bussiness owner should not be drawing this kind of attention to him , his family or his bussiness. Did he show him dispatching a coyote with a stick in the last video? No. Why not? Poor taste.....Same here. Show a little class to yourself and your sport and your fellow sportsmen.

Let me add that this is not an attack on Tony, because I think we have all been guilty of posting pictures on public forums that we shouldn't have. This is a good topic to disguss. And it should not be taken personal Tony. I am as quilty of showing something like this and I will be the first to admitt it was in Poor taste and I should not have done it. So I think we all need to learn from this and be more careful in what we want to give to our Enemies.

Several have stopped posting.

Should we all just stop posting these gruesome, killing, pics, vids, and stories?

If everyone stops posting this gruesome stuff, how are we going to be able to critique til our hearts content?

BTW: Sorry about that dead animal in my Avatar. )-: I'll get on that.

Now, I'm getting over to that Optics Forum and talk about some Sparkly, Clean, Clear, Shiny Glass.

Oh and "Nothing Personal."

There is a big difference between a bear being taken and a coyote in a trap being killed by dogs with no exscape. There is even a big difference between dogs killing a coyote and a coyote in a trap being killed by dogs. If you can not understand that then maybe you should go over to the Optic Forum and talk shiny glass.

Last edited:
Yes, the difference is obvious. Thanks for pointing that out. (-:

Sorry I forgot to point out the Satire of that post. I thought all who have stopped posting pics would relate. Again sorry.

BTW: I like shiny glass. The Optics Forum is a great place for those of us who don't want to see pics of dogs biting critters. (-:

Tony, I also want you to stop posting those cute puppy pics. That promotion of an American business is so grossly capitalistic it gets on my nerves.

{more satire)

Ya your pretty funny. Like I said this is a pretty good post to dicuss, but guys that can not take it serious and see what things like this has done to other States, well they will see it some day when their hunting Rights have been taken away.
Nobody is talking about taking the pictures off or not telling the stories, but just like when Tony didn't show himself killing the coyote with the stick he should have just cut the video a little short.
I know alot of regs say the use of dogs is legal but when it come to the leagality of killing the animal with dogs, I bet you will loose in a court of law.

Originally Posted By: Devin69Ya your pretty funny.

Thanks. No charge for the humor. (-:

And thanks for the legal advice.

All joking aside, I agree with you that this is a good topic for discussion. However, I don't think that the Antis and Libs can be pacified by hiding what we do from them. I say take 'em on head to head, sitck 'em in the eye.

I could be wrong though.

Do you all think we can find consensus if we compromise/hide with/from these PETA, FOA and other misguided folks who are after our right to hunt, shoot, and defend ourselves?

Sorry, I've just had one of those days working for the government and another board of directors and am feeling the need to STIR it. LOL

But I did have a great weekend bear and wolf watching in the park. But that's another story.

I guess you don't understand how this thing works, do you? You are not taking on just the Bunny huggars you are taking on the whole public, they have to vote on it to see if it goes to congress. They just take the ammo( that you gave to them) to the public and the public sees this stuff and they side with the bunny huggars , NOT YOU. YOU LOOSE. Sorry.
It is true we don't need to hide the fact that we are hunting and taking animals with dogs, but we don't need to post graffic pictures.
I have sex with my wife but I sure the he// am not going to take a video of it to prove myself to anyone. Some things just do not need to be shown on a public forum.
We as hunters do not need to give ammo to the anti groups, make it harder for them to prove.

You make a good point. Do you think that the general public, non hunters, are seeing the stuff posted here?

BTW: I have never found you to have much of a sense of humor or a taste for Satire. But then again I don't really know you and shouldn't make such a rash judgement. In any case a lack of appreciation of Satire doesn't make you a bad person. (-:

I did really enjoy your posts back when you were starting topics and putting up pictures. I for one found a lot of valuable information. I think I learned some things. Sorry you only reply now.

The posts you made posing discussion questions about decoy dog training and best characteristics still rank for me as some of the useful topics on this forum.

And speaking of sex...let's not forget those great "bucket sex" pics. (-:

Any chance you might reconsider your no posting pics etc. policy?

Not Satire. (-:

Back