Gunner/Mattie pups training (Pics and Video)

Just saw the video portion. Good looking pups. I like when your trying to get him off and you cant! Mean little buggar for sure.
DaFUnk

Yeah, I apologized to Brian via a txt msg, that I broke Duke's collar. After watching the video, he said...that's fine with me!
smile.gif
My goal over the next 2 weeks is to put a mess of coyotes in these pups faces. They are at a critical point in their age and training.

Thanks...

Tony

Tony, I'll be the one to say it, cuz I KNOW that many others are thinking it. So here goes...

Although videos like this are representative of what some working dogs do, I must call into question your motives for sharing this type of footage on a public forum. In my opinion, you are only hurting other dogmen by doing so.
There are several dog/hound hunting forums on the internet where sharing this type of footage is BAD juju and not allowed at all to be publicly viewed. To show this footage in order to bolster dogs you sell is bad form.

And for the record, I'm the furthest thing from some pansy azzed libtard animal fanatic, but you really need to step back & consider the pros vs. cons of making this 'training' video public information.

Btw, there are TONS of dogs that will kill a coyote, big friggin' whoop. Anyone can go the the local shelter & find 'em a discarded mutt that'd be happy to oblige.

So when you finish your post with "I though I'd share", I'd suggest you think a little harder next time.
If you don't care about the image you are offering of yourself, at least consider the image you are portraying of other dogmen to those who'd watch your videos. These other dogmen, by that associaton alone, will invariably have to defend your actions in some capacity to the general public. Like they don't have enough problems already!

Nothing personal.

To be perfectly honest, I hope that my post will cause enough stir that the mods will decide to pull this whole thread. It has NO place on a public forum and I think there are more than a few dogmen that are shaking their heads in disgust right now about this.

PS, get a breaking stick & learn how to use it.

Last edited:
This video of 6 month old pups being trained is absolutely no different than video trailers posted in the past of commercial videos showing the same thing, video clips of stag hounds catching and stretching, terriers shaking and killing coons, etc... My motive...simple, showing young dogs with grit early in their career. Nothing more, nothing less. We just had this discussion on another thread, the other day. Not doing it to sell dogs, as they are all already sold.

No wonder noone posts in this forum. Geez!

Tony

Before I start- Nothing personal

I thought about keeping my mouth shut but its hard to do, so heregoes.

Can you guys read what it says a 1 o'clock on the decal? "Kill Clean"?
1316489569.jpg

How can anyone let an animal sit in a leg hold trap while 3 dogs maul it? How is that acceptable at all?

I'll be the first to say I know nothing of coyote hunting with dogs, all this time when I heard of dogs being used for coyote hunting I kinda thought the dog just held the coyote there until you got there to dispatch the animal cleanly and humanely...not like this. There was no sport in this whatsoever, that coyote never had a chance.

Call me soft, a pansy, a liberal IDC, to me this is about as CRUEL, yes I said it, as it gets. Wasnt hunting, wasnt dog traing, it was straight up torture.

But I cant show a picture of a groundhog being blown to pieces by a 55g bullet doint 3500 FPS but Its acceptabe to watch dogs do it?

Good points Gary, looking forward to the rebuttle. Im sure that there will be a few. A leghold trap does add some advantage to the Dogs that may be chasing it.

I love the posts that start out - Nothing personal but?!!!

A person conversing with/towards a person would be "personal" or am i missing something?

I think i read a disclaimer at the beginning of the video for the weak of heart, children and all bedwetters should use viewing discretion prior to watching the video.

Tony does give fair warning and you watched it anyway!!

I dont remember Tony stating the video was 6 month old puppies frolicking in a bed of roses with a sweet little coyote enjoying and ice cold beer.

They were pups in training, yes training!!!

Good Job Tony!!!

I dont post here that often but check on here everyday and have been a member for a few years. Im of the opinion that Tony had a video that he wanted to share. He did say that the video could be graffic and then shared the video. Good for him. Next, who the [beeep] are you to say what he should or should not share. If you dont like it dont watch it and dont talk about it. Thanks for bringing nothing but a bad attitude to the thread.

Keep it up TT. Ill keep watching them!

Forgot so state one more thing. Antis are antis. Tony cant hurt the image of any dog men for the antis, as they all already hate us. As for the general public, im sure their not trolling around looking for a video of a trapped coyote anyway!

Quote:Keep it up TT. Ill keep watching them!

Thanks, but I believe I am done posting in the Hounds Forum for a while. I've heard more whining here on just about every post I've made or has been made about me. Where I grew up, we sat around the campfire, listening to the old men tell stories, while we listened to the foxhounds on some good races. Not once, in all those years, did one of them talk smack about each other. Talking smack about a man or, more importantly, his dogs would have gotten one's block knocked off. Guess it's easier sit behind the safety of a keyboard and take shots. That's probably why this is the deadest forum on the whole website. Don't look for me to be adding activity here.

Tony

Foxy, nothing personal but,

This is taken directly from the NMDGF proclamation, the synopsis of New Mexico hunting regs:

"Furbearers may be taken with dogs, firearms, bows and arrows and traps and snares. Calls, including mechanically or electrically recorded calling devices, are legal in hunting protected furbearers. Dogs may be used to take protected furbearers only during open trapping season..."

Foxy, I know you're only 20 or so, but what that passage above means is that you can use the dogs, just like a gun, to kill a furbearer. That's how dogs do it. You don't issue them all little guns to kill the coyote. They grab it with their mouths and shake and/or crush various parts of it until it's dead. Young dogs do well with a bit of an advantage, like the leg hold, to help get the idea. They also typically work in groups, just like coyotes do.

Your reaction to a perfectly legal means of take is precisely why most of the guys in this forum, and others pertaining to hunting with dogs, are so secretive and the motivation behind the other post pleading for the mods. to pull the entire thread. I had a lot more to say, but I'll leave it at that

You guys either get it, or you don't. It's not about legality.

Find me another dog hunting site ANYWHERE on the Internet that allows this type of footage to be publilcly viewable.
Simple fact is, there aren't any...and for very good reasons. If you can't figure them out, contact the site owners & ask them why graphic vids are not condoned.

It's not about gettin' soft, or being a pansy. It's about keeping the 'wet work' that we all know happens out of the spotlight. This is the world we live in, and as dogmen, we have to act in our own best interests of self preservation! I didn't make it that way, I'm just tellin' ya how it is. No need to make it any easier for the bunnyhuggers who will twist this stuff against us. If you can't see that as truth, then you are misinformed, at best. And at worst, an outright idiot...

If the dogs were already sold, then email the vids to the new owners. I'm sure they'll be pleased. Killing a coyote has nothing to do with 'decoying' anyway, but that's neither here nor there. And killing a 20lb. desert coyote in a trap ain't gonna help much with the 50 lb. brutes a dog may encounter in this neck o' the woods. That prized 'grit' will get you a stack of vet bills, or worse, a dead dog. But that's getting sidetracked again & has nothing to do with actually 'decoying' coyotes...

On a public forum, there is a fine line between showing 'grit' and going beyond the context of good judgement. Anyone with 1/2 a brain can put 2+2 together & figure what all happened without the video blow by blow, from soup to nuts. A little woolin' after the fact is fine, we all can deduce the rest...

Don't get me wrong, I've seen in person WAAY worse, so this isn't about going soft. It's about doing right by other dogmen who don't need the kind of attention this crap draws.

So turn your nose at me, flip me off & cheer the pups on all ya want, but there is NOTHING good that can come from showing this footage on a public forum. Fact is, I cheer for plenty of dogs where it is appropriate to do so. Heck, I cheer for my own pup in real life! But I ain't about to share the nitty gritty viddy of it on a public forum! Rather, I think it's best for EVERYONE to leave that in the field where these things happen. No sense in glorifying it to the point of members rejoicing for more...

That ain't right on a public forum.

And if I am the one who is waaay off base here, then please let me know. For those who'd like to see more of these videos, please explain WHAT GOOD is to come of sharing them on a public forum?

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeQuote:Keep it up TT. Ill keep watching them!

Thanks, but I believe I am done posting in the Hounds Forum for a while. I've heard more whining here on just about every post I've made or has been made about me. Where I grew up, we sat around the campfire, listening to the old men tell stories, while we listened to the foxhounds on some good races. Not once, in all those years, did one of them talk smack about each other. Talking smack about a man or, more importantly, his dogs would have gotten one's block knocked off. Guess it's easier sit behind the safety of a keyboard and take shots. That's probably why this is the deadest forum on the whole website. Don't look for me to be adding activity here.

Tony

Tony, with all due respect. Where I grew up, dogmen kept the business of their dogs & themselves OUT OF THE PUBLIC SPOTLIGHT.

I never said it wasnt LEGAL, I just dont agree with it. I have dogs, I have had Walker Hounds, Black and Tans, had a Plott. right now I have a mountain Cur, I was raised with the mindset of killing the animal clean and quickly There was no reason whatsoever that coyote needed to go through all of that....IDC about keeping it out of the spotlight or not...that was rediculous
Tony can take it personal if he wishes, fine by be, Its called an opinion.

And the discalimer thing? I cant post a disclaimer of a picture filled with blood and guts so why is it ok to post a disclaimer of this? Disclaimer means nothing.

Back