Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#1999314 - 09/16/11 12:48 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: TonyTebbe]
Catdawg Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Nevada
Tony- I don't mean for this to rain on the "positive parade", as that is super cool, but you do realize that you could do that same breeding 20 more times and never get the same results as you are seeing in this litter, right?

I certainly hope you do, but if you're wanting pups like that and have them, it might be time to keep em while the birds are in hand so to speak.

Great post, they look like the right kind for sure.

Take care.

#1999319 - 09/16/11 12:59 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: Catdawg]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

Loc: Lovington, NM
Very good point. I actually have a female pup out of last years crossing, that I am training for a member. She is gritty to the core and has a heck of a good hunting head on her. I was pleased to see the 2nd crossing is consistent, so far. Kicking myself in the butt for not keeping one for myself. smile

Thanks man.

Tony

Tony Tebbe

#1999334 - 09/16/11 01:53 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: DoubleCK]
orrbull48 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Amarillo Texas
That pup flat out wanted him some!

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself"
~D.H. Lawrence

"invisible souls leave 308 holes"

#1999336 - 09/16/11 02:03 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: orrbull48]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

Yeah, that's Duke, who was purchased by Brian (Huntsleepfish), as a weaned pup. He took him back home to Oklahoma for a month or so to be socialized at home with his daughter and son, then brought back here for training till Fall. He's the one that drug the coyote/dog pile into the road on the last video I posted about the Irrigation Coyote, as well. His brother Havoc, is no slouch, but Duke really stands out in the grit department. smile

Tony

Tony Tebbe

#1999366 - 09/16/11 07:27 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: TonyTebbe]
Jesse lackey Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Michigan. Go Blue
Did just like you did and put my hand in the wrong place! The only coyote involved in mine was the doc who worked on it! Lol.

Great video TT!

"six potato chips all at once? wow, guess he is gonna make a decoy dog!" hahaha just kiddin guys!

#1999429 - 09/16/11 10:24 AM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: Jesse lackey]
DoubleCK Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wauneta, NE / Gold Canyon, AZ
Originally Posted By: Jesse lackey
put my hand in the wrong place!

Ya Jesse, those Knee-Snaps can be dangerous. (-:

#1999479 - 09/16/11 12:30 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: DoubleCK]
Boeydafunk Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Henderson NV
Just saw the video portion. Good looking pups. I like when your trying to get him off and you cant! Mean little buggar for sure.
DaFUnk

#2000835 - 09/18/11 07:03 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: Boeydafunk]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

Yeah, I apologized to Brian via a txt msg, that I broke Duke's collar. After watching the video, he said...that's fine with me! smile My goal over the next 2 weeks is to put a mess of coyotes in these pups faces. They are at a critical point in their age and training.

Thanks...

Tony

Tony Tebbe

#2001578 - 09/19/11 09:00 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: TonyTebbe]
knockemdown Offline
suburban redneck

Loc: NY
Tony, I'll be the one to say it, cuz I KNOW that many others are thinking it. So here goes...

Although videos like this are representative of what some working dogs do, I must call into question your motives for sharing this type of footage on a public forum. In my opinion, you are only hurting other dogmen by doing so.
There are several dog/hound hunting forums on the internet where sharing this type of footage is BAD juju and not allowed at all to be publicly viewed. To show this footage in order to bolster dogs you sell is bad form.

And for the record, I'm the furthest thing from some pansy azzed libtard animal fanatic, but you really need to step back & consider the pros vs. cons of making this 'training' video public information.

Btw, there are TONS of dogs that will kill a coyote, big friggin' whoop. Anyone can go the the local shelter & find 'em a discarded mutt that'd be happy to oblige.

So when you finish your post with "I though I'd share", I'd suggest you think a little harder next time.
If you don't care about the image you are offering of yourself, at least consider the image you are portraying of other dogmen to those who'd watch your videos. These other dogmen, by that associaton alone, will invariably have to defend your actions in some capacity to the general public. Like they don't have enough problems already!

Nothing personal.

To be perfectly honest, I hope that my post will cause enough stir that the mods will decide to pull this whole thread. It has NO place on a public forum and I think there are more than a few dogmen that are shaking their heads in disgust right now about this.

PS, get a breaking stick & learn how to use it.

Edited by knockemdown (09/19/11 09:05 PM)
Edit Reason: PS

#2001621 - 09/19/11 09:55 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: knockemdown]
SHampton Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: BAOklahoma
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Totally disagree with this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#2001625 - 09/19/11 10:00 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: SHampton]
Orneryolfart357 Offline
PM senior

Its interesting to see different views.. SHampton, why do you disagree?

#2001631 - 09/19/11 10:08 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: Orneryolfart357]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

This video of 6 month old pups being trained is absolutely no different than video trailers posted in the past of commercial videos showing the same thing, video clips of stag hounds catching and stretching, terriers shaking and killing coons, etc... My motive...simple, showing young dogs with grit early in their career. Nothing more, nothing less. We just had this discussion on another thread, the other day. Not doing it to sell dogs, as they are all already sold.

No wonder noone posts in this forum. Geez!

Tony

Tony Tebbe

#2001703 - 09/19/11 11:41 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: TonyTebbe]
getfoxy Offline
PM senior

Loc: USA
Before I start- Nothing personal

I thought about keeping my mouth shut but its hard to do, so heregoes.

Can you guys read what it says a 1 o'clock on the decal? "Kill Clean"?

How can anyone let an animal sit in a leg hold trap while 3 dogs maul it? How is that acceptable at all?

I'll be the first to say I know nothing of coyote hunting with dogs, all this time when I heard of dogs being used for coyote hunting I kinda thought the dog just held the coyote there until you got there to dispatch the animal cleanly and humanely...not like this. There was no sport in this whatsoever, that coyote never had a chance.

Call me soft, a pansy, a liberal IDC, to me this is about as CRUEL, yes I said it, as it gets. Wasnt hunting, wasnt dog traing, it was straight up torture.

But I cant show a picture of a groundhog being blown to pieces by a 55g bullet doint 3500 FPS but Its acceptabe to watch dogs do it?

#2001706 - 09/19/11 11:51 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: getfoxy]
ozzy Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Henderson Nv. USA
I'll buy the Midol and hand it out, Tony nice job. Some here are getting soft on us.

#2001707 - 09/19/11 11:52 PM Re: Gunner/Mattie pups training (video stills) [Re: getfoxy]
Orneryolfart357 Offline
PM senior

Good points Gary, looking forward to the rebuttle. Im sure that there will be a few. A leghold trap does add some advantage to the Dogs that may be chasing it.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.