Bears, baiting and nocturnal bears.... PICS added

then have i got a tip for you - PM me if you want a bear hunt, 45 mins from you - the scat pic i have is bigger than my head - for realz, and it is all berries, and i couldnt find a patch anywheres.

Hey Scott. Since your topic has gone "round and round the Mullberry bush; I know you won't mind if we take it for another circle, so here goes. (-:

MulePacker is pulling his hair out with computer problems over on Beaver Creek. Eventually we will get him up to speed on posting pics, but it will take some reteach sessions.
tt2.gif

So anyway he asked me to put up a few recent pics from his Big Horn Mountain Bear Bait. He and his Bride had a great week of mountanin camping/hunting and she closed the area quota with her .270 on a nice Blackie.

BearBelly.jpg

GetInline-2.jpg

MulePacker clearly Married UP, don't you think?

GetInline-3.jpg

And they got a freezer full of Blue Grouse and this Bonus PIC
w00t.gif

GetInline.jpg

w00t.gif
tt1.gif
tongue_smilie.gif
thumbup.gif
cool.gif

There you go MulePacker. Now jump in and tell us the whole story!

The rest of you guys get on here and help Yotes2call figure out how to get those night feeders to show during shooting hours.

Sorry Y2C. I don't know a thing about Bear Baiting. Watching and talking with MulePacker about it has shown me that there is a lot more to it than I thought.

I can sure see how those darned "Night Feeders" would frustrate the heck out of a guy.

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKSorry Y2C. I don't know a thing about Bear Baiting. Watching and talking with MulePacker about it has shown me that there is a lot more to it than I thought.

I can sure see how those darned "Night Feeders" would frustrate the heck out of a guy.

Very true... a lot of folks think it is a cheat of a way to get a bear. I beg to differ !
w00t.gif

Yeah, its illegal to bait bear's where i hunt, but lucky for me, they seem to enjoy all the tasty treats provided by my deer food plots! I have been trying to plant some oats, but all i can find is molasses covered oats, i think they still should grow, but the dang bears keep eating them before they get a chance to sprout!

Even though we have filled our tag we are keeping our bait
up and running and have a real nice big boar comming in every night. In 3 weeks of baiting he has never come during the
shooting hours. We will keep feeding him for awhile and get
him hooked on this bait site and hopefully by next year
we can get him comfortable enough that he starts feeding
while you can still shoot.

"If you're lucky enough to live in Wyoming, you're lucky enough"

Well lets see a night feeder in during the day....? Gona need some more info...what r u baiting with and hows the natural feed in the area? Is he hitting nightly and what times? Baiting early in the morning is a good start. How much bait is he eating a night? Ive been bear hunting over baits over 30 years and it may never happen. Man i love bear hunting i got four baits going as i type and bears everynight some in day. Have pssed on three so far im waiting for my monster to come in during the day. Gona sit again tonight but weather is horrible so i have high hopes. [img:center]http://
IMG_20110911_201158-1.jpg
[/img] [img:center]http://
IMG_20110911_201049.jpg

Last edited:
Yotes2Call,

I can tell you a story that is about 20 years old. A guy I knew named Leo, who is now deceased had baited bears for years and years in Washington State. He had been baiting a bear for my dad, and the bear would only come at night after my dad had left the stand. Leo told my dad that they needed to mess with the bear's head. Leo had been baiting with donuts back then. They went to the grocery and Leo bought like 4 bags of the big marshmallows. He went back to put the bait out for the night and walked down the trail that the bear had been coming in to the bait on. He went 3-400 yards or so and started dropping marshmallows about every three feet. He did this all the way to the bait and then right next to the bait was a small pine tree. He made a marshmallow tree by sticking the marshmallows all over it like a Christmas tree.

My dad hunted the stand that night, and after a couple of hours he saw the bear coming up the trail. He said the bear would see the next marshmallow and go and eat it and the next one and the next one. He said the bear's eyes got real big when he saw the marshmallow tree and he went for it. My dad shot the bear standing up as he was picking marshmallows off the tree.

Leo said that the marshmallows made him forget about the hunter in the treestand only think about eating more marshmallows.

Don't know if this would work for ya...of course if he finds that first marshmallow...look out.

Ive been talking with some canadian guys and sugested cutting the bait to a third the norm. Ive been giving it a try, one site seems to be helping and one its not. Wish i could have hunted tonight got off the boat to late.

Originally Posted By: Cory29901Yotes2Call,

I can tell you a story that is about 20 years old. A guy I knew named Leo, who is now deceased had baited bears for years and years in Washington State. He had been baiting a bear for my dad, and the bear would only come at night after my dad had left the stand. Leo told my dad that they needed to mess with the bear's head. Leo had been baiting with donuts back then. They went to the grocery and Leo bought like 4 bags of the big marshmallows. He went back to put the bait out for the night and walked down the trail that the bear had been coming in to the bait on. He went 3-400 yards or so and started dropping marshmallows about every three feet. He did this all the way to the bait and then right next to the bait was a small pine tree. He made a marshmallow tree by sticking the marshmallows all over it like a Christmas tree.

My dad hunted the stand that night, and after a couple of hours he saw the bear coming up the trail. He said the bear would see the next marshmallow and go and eat it and the next one and the next one. He said the bear's eyes got real big when he saw the marshmallow tree and he went for it. My dad shot the bear standing up as he was picking marshmallows off the tree.

Leo said that the marshmallows made him forget about the hunter in the treestand only think about eating more marshmallows.

Don't know if this would work for ya...of course if he finds that first marshmallow...look out.

Love that one!
lol.gif

Back